My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visiting the folks and I couldn't pass up an opportunity to use the GoPro. Decided to take the airboat out for a short trip since this is the first time I have been home since they got it this past Spring. So mounted the GoPro on the cage and the bow. I really need to get a stabilizer of some sort for the camera....

NOTE: No water fowl were harmed in the filming :D

·
Super Moderator
13,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like a good time on the water.
It was, wished we could have fished a little but we didn't want to spend the money for an out of state license for an afternoon.... Even a 3 day permit is $17.... Not complaining about cost just didn't make sense.

Looks like a lot of fun, did you see any gators?
We saw one, guessing about 3 ft. Had we gone out of the channel we would have seen more.

If anyone is wondering the video was filmed on the Withlacoochee river.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withlacoochee_River_(Florida)

·
Premium Member
7,197 Posts
I'll bet that was a good time! What a neat experience it must've been to ride on one of those.

What are the specs of the boat, in particular, the engine?

Thanks for posting the video! It is great quality. :fing32:

·
Super Moderator
13,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll bet that was a good time! What a neat experience it must've been to ride on one of those.

What are the specs of the boat, in particular, the engine?

Thanks for posting the video! It is great quality. :fing32:
They are fun! It is a very different feel from a traditional boat. Key thing when operating it is that you have to remember you are sliding across the top of the water not cutting through it! Wind, chop, and even water depth (when shallow) will all affect handling. In the first part of the video you can see my father directing me about the boat pushing around a bend in the channel.

Overall it is 18 ft, all aluminum with a polymer bottom. Engine is a balanced 6.0L EFI producing 450 hp with a 2:1 reduction gear to drive the three blade prop.

·
Premium Member
7,197 Posts
They are fun! It is a very different feel from a traditional boat. Key thing when operating it is that you have to remember you are sliding across the top of the water not cutting through it! Wind, chop, and even water depth (when shallow) will all affect handling. In the first part of the video you can see my father directing me about the boat pushing around a bend in the channel.

Overall it is 18 ft, all aluminum with a polymer bottom. Engine is a balanced 6.0L EFI producing 450 hp with a 2:1 reduction gear to drive the three blade prop.
That's pretty cool. I can imagine handling characteristics are completely different than an average boat.

It sounds like a healthy motor. Is the throttle foot controlled?

·
not quins. but sextuplets
15,241 Posts
some of them boats really will scoot across the water.. they even have races with them.. when I worked on the Keys.. saw a race with souped up engines.. one guy flipped his upside down.. the back side come up over the front..

BTW:.. where was ur lifejackets.. or does NOT the state require them there..

·
Super Moderator
13,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's pretty cool. I can imagine handling characteristics are completely different than an average boat.

It sounds like a healthy motor. Is the throttle foot controlled?
Yes, foot controlled throttle.

BTW:.. where was ur lifejackets.. or does NOT the state require them there..
All state safety requirements were met. :fing32:

·
16,824 Posts
Holiday time w/ family and friends is the ultimate, I think...but a cool boat ride like that--in Florida--WOW!!!:fing32: That's my piece o cake--

Thanks--MrBeef===

1 - 10 of 10 Posts