My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rebuilt my H2 control valve. I searched the forum and didn't find any good pictures. I've attached some pictures of the valve and specific parts for future reference.

I changed the (4) o-ring seals. 2 for each spool shaft. I cleaned the detent ball bearings and groove. I installed a new lift check plunger and spring.

The disassembled parts are sitting on a old t-shirt. When I put it back together everything was kept super clean.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,205 Posts
Cool thread! What was it doing to warrant a rebuild? Leaking I presume? We've did you get the parts?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thread! What was it doing to warrant a rebuild? Leaking I presume? We've did you get the parts?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
There were a few issues I had. One being it was popping out of the detent position. The other was the front quick hitch was drifting down when in the fully up position. That may or may not have been the valve. It might be the front cylinder. When the snowblower was full of wet snow it would barely lift off the ground. The valve itself had no external leaks.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
There were a few issues I had. One being it was popping out of the detent position. The other was the front quick hitch was drifting down when in the fully up position. That may or may not have been the valve. It might be the front cylinder. When the snowblower was full of wet snow it would barely lift off the ground. The valve itself had no external leaks.
so did it fix it?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so did it fix it?
The detent position is fixed. I haven't had the blower on the front hitch to see how it handles it. I did have the hitch fully raised to see if it was drifting down. Like a dummy I hit the control lever and it dropped half way. But its been half way for 4 hours and hasn't gone any lower yet.

I did a mid stroke bypass test on the lift cylinder. At mid lift I removed the extend hose and gave it full retract and it didn't move even a fraction of a inch. That should mean the seals in the cylinder are good and there is no fluid leaking by.

I used this video as a guide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts