seat is no good

front steering is frozen

now i would have gotten it
but

its missing a mower deck
can a 1050 or g12 deck swap over??

also
he pushed it

he thought maybe the wheels were in a rut which is why i couldnt steer it any (not runnign sitting)
and he just leaned on it and pushed it

now its a hydrodrive
so can you just push these???
or is there something wrong??

missing an air filter
and hasnt been running in a few years

but he said it was running

after i pointed out no deck when he said it had one
and the fact the steering was frozen
and he pushed it which bothered me

he said 50bucks
it wasnt running no battery
was coming from work so didnt have my jumper pack

what do you think?

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
if the engine is good I would buy it just for the engine.h16 deck has the gear box on the right rear of trac.my older decks have the box on the left rear,mine didn,t work right .to far off center.if I remember right you can push the h.16.some one will correct me if wrong.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Yes, the h16 can be pushed. I would also buy it for that price.

Jason

·
I LOVE Garden Tractors!!!
1,799 Posts
You can push a hydro Bolens. It will not roll as easy as a gear drive in neutral but you can slowly move it around a shop or garage. 50 bucks come on! It has to be worth that in scrap, :Stop: ahh I mean spare parts :hide: someone else can always use it for parts. I passed on my 900 hulk to BStrucker for 50 bucks. and he swapped in a new engine and lots of PB blaster and got her running I think.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well even if i got it running, which im not worried about doing, ill still need a deck
if it had the deck i would be all over that, but without a deck, its not much use for me

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Decks are available fairly easily, and so are snow blowers, plows, and tillers. Other attachments are more difficult to find. Decks run $50 to $200, about $70 to $125 will get you a running deck. I'd suggest a running deck with good belting cuz' you have enough work to do. Whatever tractor you get, check out the sticky post for all the manuals for your unit.

Pushing a hydro - somebody correct me if I am all wet, but I thought it might be a little easier to push if the hydro pedal is depressed forward. Of course, then you need one person to hold the pedal and one to push. Probably just easier to push slowly.

I searched craigslist NJ and there is at least one big mower junkyard listed. Really, I think it is better to work with members on this forum or the people they suggest. There are several in NJ. I have found stuff on CL and the members are very helpful figuring out if it is a reasonable deal or not. Pictures always help immensely.

I don't usually get down to NJ, but I am visiting my brother at the end of August and I will have a mostly empty van. I'm earching CL for what I can pick up in the area.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I had a g12 and the deck was different than my h 16.
Tecumseh ohv cast iron oh160. Yuup.; good tractor. Transmissions are top, lift, versitile attachments, cannot beat those little mighty hydro tube frames.

·
I LOVE Garden Tractors!!!
1,799 Posts
Decks are always popping up here and there. Hey if you are near Alpha, NJ, someone could probably get a hold of John and get you anything you need for any Bolens. Junky1050 on epay.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Decks are always popping up here and there. Hey if you are near Alpha, NJ, someone could probably get a hold of John and get you anything you need for any Bolens. Junky1050 on epay.
John Wonorec or Wonoric or something like that. He was almost out of the tube frame business the last time I was there, but that has been about a year ago. I have 3 42" decks with at least three different lifting styles that would be willing to part with. But, I'm an hour into Ohio. 7 hours from Junky1050 (John).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts