My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i've had this H for 3 months and actually drove it around a good bit. i put fuel in it and now i've lost all fuel. there is a problem between the carb and the top end of the engine. i've gone through so much carb cleaner and drained the battery enough times. can anyone help me?

thanks

dan

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sounds to me as if you've left the gas on and the float was stuck in the carb, all your gas has leaked out the weep hole or worse yet, filled up the intake and drained back into the crankcase...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, if i check this and find there is gas in it, how do i fix the problem? and also we pulled it aound today and got it to run, but it would only run a few seconds then spit and sputter and then quit. i did have the carb apart and cleaned it good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i called my local equipment place, they specialize in older tractors. considering i do shut my gas off everytime its unlikely about the crank issue. he suggested cleaning the fuel tank and the lines and carb. and i did. put it all back together and it fired right up then quit and wouldn;t re-start. i pulled my plugs out and they didn't look to good. they had like a carbon on them and were just ugly so now i think i may have found my problem.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Start at the top and work your way down. Turn off the gas at the sediment bowl and remove it. Turn the gas on and see what happens. There maybe a screen on the part that is in the tank and another one on top of the glass bowl. Don't be surprised if they are missing. There should be another screen on the brass fitting going into the carb. If all this checks out then go after the carb itself. Please don't tell me you have been using ethanol in that fine old tractor. That can bring on a new set of problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts