My Tractor Forum banner

GX355 mower deck

772 views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  joneill4 
#1 ·
I currently have a GX355 tractor with a 48C mower deck currently installed. Can anyone answer if a 54C will fit this tractor? I will post a picture of the current 48C and the 54C that I would like to upgrade to. Thankyou.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Helmet Yellow
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Font Gas Bumper

Bottle cap Font Gas Auto part Personal protective equipment
Fluid Liquid Material property Gas Font

See less See more
#3 ·

Attachments

#10 ·
Looks like it was for an X300 or X500 series, and the arms at the rear to catch the lift arms are a bit different as well as the wells in the deck for the spindles (that might not be an issue).

54C for GX335:

Motor vehicle Font Automotive exterior Auto part Parallel

54" deck for X3xx and X5xx machines:

Font Parallel Auto part Engineering Line art

I was trying to see if they at least shared the same shell and they don't.

#11 · (Edited)
I was able to get a newer version 54X deck off of a X340 to fit a GX345. I believe it's technically a 54C, but it's labeled 54" Edge Xtra and is often referred to as 54X. There are two versions with a serial number split at 085001. The main differences being in the double pulley arm area.

The only modification that I had to make was to heat and bend the bracket that connects the tensioning rod to the double pulley arm so that it would have enough clearance to miss the transmission housing.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive tire Rim

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Automotive tire Tread Wheel Motor vehicle Hood

Line Font Auto part Parallel Engineering

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive design

#12 ·
I was able to get a newer version 54X deck to fit a GX345. I believe it's technically a 54C, but it's labeled 54" Edge Xtra and is often referred to as 54X. There are two versions with a serial number split at 085001. The main differences being in the double pulley arm area.

The only modification that I had to make was to heat and bend the bracket that connects the tensioning rod to the double pulley arm so that it would have enough clearance to miss the transmission housing.

View attachment 2556676

View attachment 2556675

View attachment 2556674

View attachment 2556673

View attachment 2556680
Perfect. I will have to try that. Thanks so much!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.