My Tractor Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,496 Posts
THANK YOU RUDY!!!! Your opinions here are so respected IMHO. I think you can see I did clean that connector and it did start after a little hesitation. If it does it today or tomorrow when I mow I am definitely cutting it off then see what happens the next time. If its fine I may replace it but wasn't considering a chinese version UNTIL you said they have worked for you.
Thank you again sir!
and to think you didn't listen to me.......:(

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Sometimes one has to hear something three or more times before one hears it or believes it might be true/worth trying.

·
Premium Member
6,496 Posts
Sometimes one has to hear something three or more times before one hears it or believes it might be true/worth trying.
Yeah, come to think of it he is kind of thick headed, old school. lol

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Sorry you guys thought I was stepping on some of your toes. How many of you guys have reconditioned as many tractors as Rudy has? Huh??? I was glad to hear he also has had to deal with this many times.

And for you Jimbo, how much money have you cost me over the years? 😜

Reactions: Jimbochap

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Ok all is well. Tractor started right up after sitting hot for 10 mins. I have left the solenoid as it was and if it reacts at a later date I will then cut off the pin. I think it was the corroded connector that was the problem. I also ordered one of those Chinese knock off for $9 to have on hand. Cheap back up IMHO.

Sorry if I seemed to disregard your opinions. That was not the case. I take them all in and see how to attack the issue. Rudy's opinion just put the icing on the cake to what had already been brought to the table.

Now let's all go back to playing nice..............

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Ok, even though some of you guys are never going to talk to me again, I thought I should post my final result. As of now anyway.....
I replaced the fuel solenoid with a chinese version and it has seemed to cure the issue. After mowing two different times it started right up at the point it would not previously.

Thanks again all!

Reactions: Jimbochap
41 - 47 of 47 Posts