My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I finished mowing today about 2 acres of really thick long grass at the neighbors house. The mower was great, cut like a dream. When I was finished I had the tractor on a set of automotive ramps cleaning the deck off and I noticed a spring hanging off the rear of the mowing deck. The spring is roughly 2 inches in diameter and 5 inches long. One of the hooks broke off where is connects to the tractor, the other was hanging near the deck belt tensioner at the rear of the mower deck. The problem is the deck belt is tight, the drive belt is tight, everything seems to be working ok. Soooo.... where does this spring connect to, I have looked under the tractor and I can't seem to find where is connects to, or even how to describe to the dealer what I need. Any help guys on where it goes would be much appreciated. Thank you.
P.S. the tractor is a 2003 GX345 with the 54C deck. :thanku:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Here's a picture of the spring you can see where it goes on the arm and the other end goes on a hook welded to the front of the deck.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
when i had my 345 i drove it in the woods and the spring came off, i dont have the tractor anymore so i cant go look. if i remember correctly it mounts on a pin under the seat, i took a rope hooked it to spring layed on the ground behind the tractor and pulled then somone under tractor to hook spring on pin.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks dragon for the exploded view, the spring that broke was number 27, it is a shorter spring at the rear of the deck. The picture is a big help, now I can get the correct spring, but I am unable to see where it connects back to the deck from the bracket under the pulley. Thanks again for any help.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With everyone's help I picked up the spring and when I looked it was pretty obvious where it went, from the deck belt tensioner to the rear of the deck. Another 9 bucks and we are back in buisiness. Thanks again for all your guys help:thanku:

·
Registered
682 Posts
I just replaced that spring on my 165 though mine goes from the tensioner to the right front of the deck. Mine started not cutting right and I didnt hear the blades anymore. Found it quite by accident since I didnt really know what I was looking for. $4.90 later and about 10 minutes of my time it was fixed. Blades pulleys spins just like new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts