My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found some great advice on this forum and eager to learn more. Here's my next dilemma...

I have a GX335 with hydrostatic drive. I have a pretty good size garden and would love to be able to plow the thing instead of simply tilling the thing in the fall. I have been told however, that using a plow behind my GX335 would wear out my hydrostatic drive. Can't afford a tiller to go behind my garden tractor but can afford a single bottom plow.

I have tractor tread type tires...locking differential, and rear weights, if I should need them.

So what do ya think?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That settles it....I'll be plowing this fall! With the electric hitch, by the way.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well either way it sounds like the advise I am getting is to get that sleeve hitch made and plow bought and to get busy turnin some dirt over! What a delightful sound to my ears because that tiller is going to drive me to an early grave if I have to keep on using that thing for everything in the garden!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes...A front tine craftsman tiller...love the machine itself...wife bought it for me for Christmas one year, years ago and it has been a great machine over the years. Sure, the occassional tine breaks off the tine axle but that's why I have an old Lincoln welder...Ha ha

When I was a yonger man it was no prblem to run that tiller with a beer in one hand and the tiller in the other...now that I have reached the 46 year level of life all I want is something easier and a cold glass of sun tea sitting in the cupholder of my GX335.

Do I hear an AMEN!?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.