My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a jd gx325 with 645 hrs. But after trying it out for a while I notice that when mower is not engaged the height adjustment knob has a very very annoying rattle. When you put downward pressure on the top of knob the rattle will stop. Any ideas what it could be? Also the belt vibrates very bad and it seems all belt guards are correct. Thanks any helpo would be great. sore-back

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
I hate stuff like that on equipment! I have a GX335 and though mine doesn't rattle, try raising the deck all the way up then setting the height to the highest position. Then lowering the deck onto that height. It might just change something in the linkage and quiet it down. That linkage is pretty simple and I can't imagine what's doing it. Maybe a seat pan and center tunnel removal is in the future during a downtime spell?

You didn't state what size deck, mine's a 48C, but the longer runs of belt do vibrate a bit on mine, the larger decks would have longer belt runs w/more room to "flap". As long as you have good tension and it's not slipping or wearing out anything in proximity to the belt it should be OK.

Chime in boys!?

·
Registered
901 Posts
When you lower your deck, your gauge wheels should not be hitting the ground. Thus the weight of the mower should be keeping your height adjustment knob tight.

As far as your belt, how do you know it's flapping. Is it making noise? Can you add a little more info?

Like Harold stated, you didn't specify what deck you have.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for helping I will try your ideas. the part thats rattleing is the shaft that the knob pushes onto. I didn't hear rattle whrn I test drove but I trailered it home about 80 miles.Maybe something shook loose.Is there any tension spring or something within that shaft. I would't think with amount of hours on tractor something would be worn out. As far as belt vibrating it is a long belt run and if you get under tractor you can see it bouncing. thanks again

·
Registered
901 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts