My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Never have seen one. Johnny Products sells a universal sleeve hitch that is powered by an electric actuator though.

·
Premium Member
6,405 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,671 Posts
Never have seen one. Johnny Products sells a universal sleeve hitch that is powered by an electric actuator though.
There was Never a 3point available But there were two Integral Hitches(sleeve Hitch) available for the 325 thru GX355 One was actually designed for the 240 thru 320 But would work On the 325 thru GX355 and Used the tractor On board Hydraulic to raise and Lower the Integral Hitch. But there very Hard to find. But the Current Manual lift Integral Hitch for the X500 series will fit right on to the GX345 Because it's the same Hitch That was Made for the GX300 series and Many other John Deere Garden tractor series. But as suggested If You went the Sleeve Hitch route I would Go with the Johnny Bucket universal electric Lift sleeve Hitch http://www.johnnyproducts.com/J_Bucket_HTMs/UNI_Sleeve_Hitch.htm

Or You Can try to build your own Cat 0 3point Hitch as shown in the thread above:thThumbsU

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I'll be trying to make my own here this summer. If our snow ever melts. I'll share pics if it ever comes to life

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Gardening Newbie
311 Posts
I think there might be several other people interested in this as well. I’ll be watching for your post.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Hate to dig up this old thread but I ran across this video. John Deere 345 with a 3 point hitch and it appears the lift is operated with the hydraulics and its separate from the front blade. He lifted the front blade separate from the rear blade. Very interesting and curious how that works and what it would take to do that?

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
I wonder if you could cut off the backend of a 318 frame and make that section bolt onto the back end of the GX frame ????? There are several good sized holes punched in the sides of the GX frame back section that would serve as stout mounting points.

·
Got Grass?
1,292 Posts
I have the manual sleeve hitch that Sergeant was speaking of. It will bolt right up to your GX. I would be willing to sell it if youre interested.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I can get a electric sleeve hitch from Johnny Products but the 3 point would be better and the hydraulic lift would be 100X better. I would like to figure out how to do that. I wonder how he got it to lift with hydraulics? Even a hydraulic lift sleeve hitch would be cool.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Nobody knows how and what exactly he used as a lift for the 3 point? It looks like if I had the 3 point parts and could make the side plate for it to attach to the side of the frame like in the thread posted I could make a 3 point work. Just not sure how it would lift. Looks like in the thread with the 3 point he has a cylinder of some kind running out the back under the gas tank that the lift bar attaches to.

I am just trying to get enough knowledge and confidence to possibly try to do this. Looks like a doable project but there are some road blocks I need to figure out before I start something I might not be able to finish.

I am intrigued by this but have no clue where to start really and even what exact parts to get.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I am working on a template for a side plate for the rear of the frame. Is there a certain way the top and bottom links need to be mounted? Looks like the top link is always mounted out a little farther than the bottom 2 links. I am thinking of making the side plate stick out past the frame like stiverp did on the top of his but I might do that on the bottom also and just go out farther on the top. That way I don't have clearance issues with the rear tires.

Looks like his rear wheels on his 355 are still in the narrow setting? Also I see he doesn't have the tranny release lever which would be in the way if I mounted the lower links directly to the frame in the lower existing holes like he did.

My thinking is maybe I can just mount everything back 3" farther than stiverp did? I also need to figure out how its going to lift/lower. I would like to use hydraulics like I see others have done. Surely somebody on here knows something about that?
I cant really commit to this until I figure out how I'm going to lift/lower the 3 point.
Maybe it will have to be lifted with an electric actuator? How would I do that even?

I also will need info on what size of parts to get if I start this project. I have never had a 3 point before so I literally know nothing about them.

Surely I'm not the only person interested in this? :dunno:

·
Super Moderator
16,671 Posts
I can get a electric sleeve hitch from Johnny Products but the 3 point would be better and the hydraulic lift would be 100X better. I would like to figure out how to do that. I wonder how he got it to lift with hydraulics? Even a hydraulic lift sleeve hitch would be cool.
You Can easily convert one of Johns Electric lift sleeve hitches to Hydraulic with this From Parker a electric over Hydraulic actuator Used a electric Pump to run the Hydraulic Ram http://www.parker.com/portal/site/P...EHA+ELECTRO-HYDRAULIC+ACTUATOR&Wtky=ACTUATORS and Looks Just Like a electric actuator I eventually Plan to convert the electric lift actuator On My IH Cub Cadet 106 to one of those electric over Hydraulic actuators:thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=153091

Is the rear lift something like what the rear tiller uses? This thread shows some parts that I don't have and the part #19 looks like what is on the rear of the 345 that lifts the 3pt???

I cant believe there is literally no info on this stuff anywhere. I have searched forever. If I am able to get enough info to do this project I will start a thread and do a write up to help others that want to do the same to their 345, X540 ect.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
You Can easily convert one of Johns Electric lift sleeve hitches to Hydraulic with this From Parker a electric over Hydraulic actuator Used a electric Pump to run the Hydraulic Ram http://www.parker.com/portal/site/P...EHA+ELECTRO-HYDRAULIC+ACTUATOR&Wtky=ACTUATORS and Looks Just Like a electric actuator I eventually Plan to convert the electric lift actuator On My IH Cub Cadet 106 to one of those electric over Hydraulic actuators:thThumbsU
Thanks Sergeant! That looks like it would work! Just not sure where I would mount it to?

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Thanks Sergeant! That looks like it would work! Just not sure where I would mount it to?
Nice actuator, do you know what the cost is for one$$

1 - 20 of 27 Posts