My Tractor Forum banner

Guy from Manitoba..

3K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  BAMA10 
#1 ·
..Hi MTF members..I`ve been eagerly waiting for my membership to be activated,and to meet some of the folks,online here..I bumped into the Website this Morning because I was Searching for some info for my,,Hmm What could it be? "My Little Tractor" of Course,what else, would it be? LOL The Websites name says it all,and such a Perfect name it is too...LOL

..I suppose, I`ll start a Thread on, What I`m up to.I`ll ask my Questions there, that I can`t find answers too,which is some pretty basic things,and also,Introduce folks to,,"My Little Tractor"..LOL. I just Love saying that! LOL. It makes me Laugh out Loud,and now the Dog is looking at me strange,and wondering what`s Wrong with me.!! He`ll know soon Enough, when I start chasing him around with "My Little Tractor"..LOL Don`t worry, I won`t run him over ,

at least not with the Mower Deck on..:dogrun: :greendr:

See you all in the Threads..Bye for now..

#4 ·
coolcorsair

Glad you decided to join us. :Welcome1: We are glad to have you. There are many friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums. Click on ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity. You can also register with other members from your state by clicking here:

#9 ·
Thank you all, for the warm welcome.Very Nice.!

.Just a bit of a personal/Tractor Update..I came to the website mainly intrested in the MTD 990 style Tractors.I had No idea of the many variations, and Branded Labels on those tractors..A person can`t help, but learn here if they do a little reading..The actual Tractor/owner that steered me here was, I beleive the Members name is BlackSmith or something to that effect, (sorry, Can`t remember exact name @ the moment.(thank you for your, left behind links)) and his Gold MTD variation with very nice homemade Front Loader.He had mentioned this website in several places through out the WWWeb. That man seems to be a very talented individual,among many others of his sort here. I guess that`s enough apple polishing for now..LOL

.I had intended to start a " complete Restoration Thread" (still do) on the MTD Tractor,but Fortunately/Unfortunately,I attended a John Deere Dealers`Used Lawn and Garden auction this past Saturday. There was equipment of all sorts from Golf Course maintenance, to Property owner types of equipment..I didn`t actually purchase anything at the Auction (I did bid),but I did not leave empty handed either. The new/used purchase does come with a very nice story..I`ll save the story about that, for the thread I`ll start on that particular tractor. It`s a SCOTTS 1642H 16HP Kohler Lawn tractor with HydroStatic Drive, a 42 inch Mower Deck, and a 2 Bag Grass catcher,..It has some Minor issues/Quirks that I would be glad to have help from some of the Knowledgeable Folks here,providing I can`t resolve the problems on my own.Who would have thought,that John Deere would make anything ORANGE !! LOL. The Original Owner, probably had to pay Extra $$$ for them, to do That..LOL..I wonder if JD, would even admit to doing that?? LOL. Yellow Maybe,,But ORANGE ??

.The MTD has been in the Family (purchased used), since I was 16 years old,I`m 44 y.o. now. I`ve had some Briggs and Stratton Training. It was a Class that was part of the School Curriculum .Growing up on a Farm,that training has come in extremely useful,time and time again.. Needless to say, I`m a very Huge supporter of the Briggs products,and continue to purchase items powered by their products. It`s probably The single biggest reason why I like this MTD Tractor so much.It still has it`s, original engine sitting under that hood. The other Reason is, It`s 1 Tuff Tractor !..The sad Part is the tractor has been sitting outside for about 10 years, with the carburator Removed,and it is now misplaced..We had some family Tradgedies, and the tractor was neglected, about as neglected as can possibly be done. It stalled on the exact spot that it sits, to this day. I had the Carb off to rebuild it,and unfortunately things had happened, that made repairing the tractor very unimportant. My intentions are still to do a Ground up restoration on her,but now the pressure is off me to do it in a Very short period of time, due to the Scotts Lawn Tractor. I`ll now be able to do a much better job of it. So here`s some pictures of Both Machines ..I`m a little embarassed about how the MTD is shown in the Pictures,but I hope that the images will be long forgotten by the time the Fall season arrives,and I`ll have pictures to show of a BRAND New Appearing, and running MTD. I`m an Automotive Refinish Technician/Restorer, so the Cosmetics will be Addressed along with the Mechanical..

Attachments

#13 ·
1 last thing .Where do I make a thread on the SCOTTS 1642 H ? In the John Deere Section or ?.Also if Anyone can Direct me to PDF.files for a service manual,and a Parts manual please. I`ve learned that JD made a model of this Tractor called a Sabre. If you know of any other Brandings of this Tractor,that would share the same Literature ,I would appreciate the info,,,Even if the Tractor color is, Purple, or Pink..LOL. I have found an operators manual,so I don`t need that one..Thanks for any leads, or links..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.