My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife doesn't see the elegance in simplicity. Cleaning the front gutters of sycamore leaves is problematic due to foundation plantings. This contraption may look bodged together (because it is ...) but it's remarkably effective. I made the blower adapter from 3" PVC softened with a heat gun and formed on a wood plug. Worked surprisingly well.

Yes, that's a pool noodle filling the gap. No, I'm not proud about that part ...

·
Jack of All Trades
1,337 Posts
Hey, it works and thats what counts. Of course if I did that instead of climbing on a ladder, my wife would accuse me of working harder to get out of the hard work than if I had of just got on a ladder in the first place....or something like that. I did rig up something similar to go on a garden hose to flush the dirt out, works for me.

·
Super Moderator
31,984 Posts
Its not a pool noodle. Its a space age polymer vortex retaining gasket. Sounds like the right tool for the job. Ive meen thinking of doing something like that with the hydro bagger from my tractor.

·
Super Moderator
33,751 Posts
Necessity is the mother of invention! The goal is that it does what you wanted it to, and it does! That goes in my book as a good build. I'm sure someone will make it look good though.....and then market it for $100!

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts

·
Banned
271 Posts
If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy!!

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy!!
If I'm not mistaken, that contraption blows, so you sure wouldn't look very handsome all covered in gutter slime.

I rigged up a length of PVC with a P-trap 180 degree on the end of it and hook it to my shop vac. It sucks! The wife scoffed at it but then it's not her hands that would be mucking out that gutter slime.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
BTW, I put my sucker to work today and cleaned out 150 feet of gutter. Strapped my 17 gallon shop-vac to my P-handle dolly and went at it. Filled that shop-vac with wet leaves and gutter slime and rolled it over to the bush to dump it.

No gutter slime got on me or the white siding and no wet leaves to pull out of the wife's foundation plantings. Only needed to use the ladder at the four downspouts and the shop-vac sucked those out clean as a whistle.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
As long as it works! :fing32:

I use a similar device; A 2" swooping elbow hub fits into my Stihl blower, then around 6" of 2" thinwall pipe, a 2" "P" trap, then a beveled piece of 2" pipe. Works a lot better than moving a ladder several times! ~~ grnspot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts