My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
I was at the local CC dealer/rental place yesterday and got to see the GTX2154LE 50th Anniversary tractor. Thats one nice looking setup. Looks to be very well constructed and very comfortable to sit on. I liked the way the hood/brush guard opens. The 54 deck looks to be well constructed and the welds looked very good on it. Does anyone on here have one of these yet? My personal preference would be to have HDAP's on the rear instead of the turf tires. slkpk

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
I spent a few minutes of my work day on Friday looking over the 2154LE. It IS stout. Very nice tractor, but carries a hefty pricetag.

Everything looks to be well constructed, and I like that the 2000 Series now has a fully enclosed engine compartment. The only thing that I saw that I didn't like was that they still have an exposed sector/pinion steering gear setup. However, on the 2154LE the size of the sector gear plate is HUGE. It is about a 1/2 inch thick! This will create less wear and tear on the pinion gear, distributing the load and thus the wear more evenly over the surface of the opinion gear.

It is a roomy, large tractor. Very comfortable, for sure. I'm not sure how they're gonna sell, though. At 7,000 for a 2wd Cub tractor, you could step up to a 4wd Kubota at my dealership for 3 grand more.

·
Super Moderator
16,678 Posts
Considering it Costs More than a 3000 series and You get Less You do get the electronic Power steering and Electric Deck Lift That also raises the 46inch Front Blade. At least the top of the Line Model 3000 You Got Diff/lock. So Me personally I don't Know if I could Justify Buying a GT at that Price and Not Getting Hydraulic Lift & Diff/lock:thThumbsU

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Nope, not me either. I'm keepin an eye out for a 3000 Series still with P/S and diff/lock. :)

I know why they dropped the 3000 Series, sales weren't up to par with the price tag they had, they just weren't as competitive. But to get the features of the 3000 Series now, you have to pay just as much, if not more! And you get less! That, coupled with the fact that we don't know much about the reliability of the electronic actuators.....no thanks. I'll stick with my 2186 until it's bigger brother can come home with me :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts