My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have another thread running in the 'general' thread but want to ask you husky folks about only the Husky.

I need a new tractor, my 2006 LTH2448 is not going forward well anymore and before I tear it apart I want a new tractor to keep up with the mowing first.

I have read that the issue is fixable - maybe - if it is a certain problem, otherwise the repair place will hit you $1K for a new transaxle. I'm going to try fixing it once I get a new machine.

I also use a BercoMac 700374 manual lift 44" blower on the 2006. It looks like the Husky blower is the same 2006-2010, so I hope the Bercomac is also. I use this on an effect 20x150 foot driveway.

I have an 1 acre lawn with 20 deg grade along a 100 foot wide and 200 foot long section and a 50 foot wide 8 foot high section (40 deg?) that I normally mow up then roll back down.

Since they asked in the other thread, I'm 42 and don't mind being out in the heat/wind/snow.....yet.

WOULD YOU BUY THE ABOVE MENTIONED TRACTOR FOR THE DESCRIBED USE? I have seen issues mentioned in several threads and on other boards about poor cust service and recurring problems. I was looking a the Kubota BX series but can't make the $$$$$ work for now. If this tractor doesn't cut it (no pun intended) I'll return it and go for the BX again, but I (and my wife :praying: ) really want to save the $12K+ difference.

·
Registered
10 Posts
HI, I may not be the best person to comment on this because I have owned my tractor for all of 1 week. :)

but...

Based on the research I did before purchasing it the GTH27V52LS I think you will be very happy with it for the uses you describe. I have a 3 acre lot, part of which includes a 20% or 30% grade and I had no problems mowing it this past weekend. The ride was very comfortable and speed of the tractor was a huge improvement over my previous mower. I really enjoyed it. :)

Two minor things that I noticed...

1. I got hung up several times on excessively uneven ground. Mostly because of the larger deck. Not a big deal. I was able to rock it lose and move on. You just have to be aware of the spots where it may get hung up on your property.

2. You may have read other posts regarding my second complaint. The brake pettel/linkage rattles very loudly. I read that it is a known issue and caused by a high spot on the drive belt. One of the posts stated that you could either replace the belt under warranty or let the rough spot wear down. I may just let it wear down. I wore head phones because the mower itself is louder than I am accustomed too and it didn't bother me.

Good luck

·
Roll Tide Roll!!!
62 Posts
What is the ground drive manufacturer for this GTH27V52LS? Your LTH2448, is it the LOGTH 2448? Does it have the -0610 Hydro Gear in it?

Saint

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll check tomorrow or Thur when I mow again, I have to put it on the trailer so I can peek underneath easier.

·
Roll Tide Roll!!!
62 Posts
Should be on a the sticker under your seat.

Saint

·
Registered
268 Posts
They do have a ground engaging transaxle, Hydro Gear G700 series, I made sure it had one before I bought it one because I want more than a tractor just to mow with. I might pull a plow later on but I also like the looks of the GT's,the bigger tires.

It is easier to get hung up on uneven ground with the wide deck,I did once and had to get a 2 x 4 and wedge it under the spinning tire and push it out of the hole.
It should handle those hills just fine,the G700 should hold better than a smaller LT.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Southern Saint

In regards to your question:

HYDRO-GEAR
40505 354-0510
6004H30252

I think this is what you asked for

·
Roll Tide Roll!!!
62 Posts

·
Roll Tide Roll!!!
62 Posts
GM-GUY, did you decide yet?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I am leaning heavily towards a Kubota BX2360 with 54" Fine Cut Mulching MMM & 50" Front Blower.

These are the reasons, my wife just needs to get use to the idea, probably will order this weekend and have it in a day or so for prep time.

1) No other dealers of tractors near me, at least not the ones I'm looking for. There are the big box stores and chains but not good for the service side.

2) 60 month, 0%, 0 Down :thThumbsU

3) I know it will do what I need and not be a pain to use as it is 'grossly overpowered' for my application.

4) I can add a FEL and a PTO generator in the future, the PTO Generator will replace a seperate unit I already have.

5) With the size motor and features I would like "Why by a lawn tractor for the price of a Sub-Compact". I read that someplace on this site.

6) I realized one other thing, I had another Husky before this one and it lasted about as long as the last one :banghead3 :banghead3 Why would I invest in another that might only go 4 years?

So here I am, going mowing my other house (yes I have a trailer big enough) and then will be mowing the 1 acre tomorrow. That might just end it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ordering the Kubota Monday as the salesman was off today. Should have it by Tuesday.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts