Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
stripes??

looks nice by the way

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No stripes. After all the reading of these machines not cutting level I thought I'd post some pictures of my yard after it was mowed.
The front yard was still in the process of being mowed,that's why it looks like I missed some spots.

These machines are capable of a good cut. But most of the complaints are from guys using the PowerFlow,which it could cause some problems.

Other than a few uneven places where it could it gap and I'm learning how to mow around those areas so it doesn't gap, I like the quality of the cut.I don't cut it too short, I set it to 1 or 2 notches below the highest level.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Nice cut and enjoy it. slkpk

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not to rain on your parade but your yard is not too thick! When I mow grass like yours my 26v48 looked perfect. But when I mowed thicker grass and thinner bladed grass the gut quality was to be desired!
:sorry1:

·
Orange Mayhem
19 Posts
Not to rain on your parade but your yard is not too thick! When I mow grass like yours my 26v48 looked perfect. But when I mowed thicker grass and thinner bladed grass the gut quality was to be desired!
:sorry1:
Sorry buddy, your claim does not hold water. I lived in Pa. for 22 years and there is no such thing as a thick lawn. The southern creeping turf grass such as bermuda, zoysia and centipede are significantly thicker than northern lawns.
:fing20:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have only cut my grass and my neighbors yard,hers is a different grass than mine but it's still not a thin blade grass.

We have Zoysia at the church,I'll try to take mine Friday week when it's my turn to mow try it out on that grass.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sorry buddy, your claim does not hold water. I lived in Pa. for 22 years and there is no such thing as a thick lawn. The southern creeping turf grass such as bermuda, zoysia and centipede are significantly thicker than northern lawns.
:fing20:
Just where in PA did you live? I live in central Pa and yes we do have thick yards! Sounds like you were from northern PA!:fing20::fing20:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have only cut my grass and my neighbors yard,hers is a different grass than mine but it's still not a thin blade grass.

We have Zoysia at the church,I'll try to take mine Friday week when it's my turn to mow try it out on that grass.

Don't get me wrong! I did have issues with my deck, but have heard the 52 was a whole lot better deck! My outer right (discharge side) blade wanted to leave skippers in thick grass that was 3" tall. No matter how slow I went. To get my yards to look like yours I had to go over it 3 times even with sharp blades.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My 2348 does a great job cutting grass. I used to not do a really good job on slopes, but after adjusting the anti-scalp wheels it cuts like a champ.

The only complaint I have with it is that it clogs...and I cut really slow. I took the deck off last month and repainted it, but it didn't really help much. Leaves a clean cut, but clogs more than any deck I've ever owned.

·
Roll Tide Roll!!!
62 Posts
The only time my 2448 cuts poorly is when I let the lawn go for to long and try to cut the growth all it once. When I cut it twice, the first cut is just ok, but the second, which I usually do the next day, comes out great!

Saint

·
Orange Mayhem
19 Posts
Don't get me wrong! I did have issues with my deck, but have heard the 52 was a whole lot better deck! My outer right (discharge side) blade wanted to leave skippers in thick grass that was 3" tall. No matter how slow I went. To get my yards to look like yours I had to go over it 3 times even with sharp blades.
I am not trying to discredit your post but the grass in the south is turf grass and alot thicker than what you have in PA, thats why it cuts better. It grows along the ground as opposed to vertically.:banghead3

1 - 17 of 17 Posts