My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have a GT5000 Model 917.276101. I am having an issue with the tractor shutting down when the clutch/brake pedal is released or the PTO is engaged while the clutch/brake is engaged. I have check the seat switch it checks out. Looking at the wiring diagram i think the issue is in the OPR (operator presence relay) but I can't find the relay. It shows it in the wiring schematic but not in the parts break down. I have looked all over the tractor following all the wiring. Any thoughts on this? Is there a relay or am I missing something?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
The wire harness shows the relay breaking out in the middle of the plastic tube #40.
Try unplugging and reconnecting the PTO switch socket and the relay socket.
The PTO switch itself can cause intermittent issues due to corrosion internally.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tested all the switches and they all check out, the PTO, Seat and Brake/Clutch. The only thing I haven't tested is the Relay, I can't physically find it anywhere on the mower. After going over the wiring schematic I do thing the issue is the relay. I just need to find it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought that is where it should be located but did not see it there. I followed all the wiring to make sure I wasn't missing it. I'll check again. Is there any other possible locations? Also is it possible this model doesn't have one?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts