My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

I found this forum from word of mouth from a bass fishing forum, of all places. I've got two mowers that I'm looking to sell because I'm moving from northeast Tennessee, to Florida, into a neighborhood where I won't need to do my own lawn maintenance. The other mower is a Toro Titan HD ZTR, but I'm making a post in that brand forum section.

The one I'm hoping to get some help with here is a Cub Cadet GT3100 with a 54" deck. It was a hand me down from my father when my wife and I bought our current property. I know it's an older model, but I'm told the shaft drive models are somewhat sought after by garden tractor hobbyists/enthusiasts. I'm not thinking I'm sitting on a pot of gold, just know that it has some value to somebody, somewhere, and I'm hoping to be able to set a fair asking price.

Any input and suggestions are GREATLY appreciated, and I'll be happy to include any additional info as needed.

Regards,
John

·
Premium Member
2,557 Posts
Welcome to MTF John. Unfortunately down South they aren't in as much demand as up north where they have to deal with snow. Depending on condition and hours it is worth somewhere between $500-1000 with that $1000 GT being really nice with low hours.

I just found a pretty nice 3165 on FB Marketplace for $350 today with 600hrs on it. Would buy it but it's 5hrs north of me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's honestly about what I was thinking, somewhere in that price range. Mine has a lot of cosmetic issues - my father liked to see how far underneath the trees he could get it - but it's mechanically very solid.

This area gets a little bit of snow, but most folks around here already have a 4-wheeler or side by side they put a blade on for snow duty.

·
Premium Member
2,557 Posts
That's honestly about what I was thinking, somewhere in that price range. Mine has a lot of cosmetic issues - my father liked to see how far underneath the trees he could get it - but it's mechanically very solid.

This area gets a little bit of snow, but most folks around here already have a 4-wheeler or side by side they put a blade on for snow duty.
Some of the tags you should list on your sale ad are: shaft driven, hydraulic power steering and deck lift, commercial-duty garden tractor

·
Registered
226 Posts
It depends a LOT on hours and condition. If it is nice and has low hours I would think you could get well over $1000 for it. It is "older", but it(and 3200s) are the newest of the 3000 Series and probably sold for over 6K new. Time of year, and location will have an effect on price, but around here(PA) I think most people would ask $1500-$2000 IF it is nice and low hours.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Back in the 50s, an old car salesman said something to me when I was trying to bargain the price down on a car..."Son, I know there is an As* for every seat, Ill just wait and the correct fitting As* will come along, now just move along".....I will never forget that....lol

·
Super Moderator
15,376 Posts
Greetings!

I found this forum from word of mouth from a bass fishing forum, of all places. I've got two mowers that I'm looking to sell because I'm moving from northeast Tennessee, to Florida, into a neighborhood where I won't need to do my own lawn maintenance. The other mower is a Toro Titan HD ZTR, but I'm making a post in that brand forum section.

The one I'm hoping to get some help with here is a Cub Cadet GT3100 with a 54" deck. It was a hand me down from my father when my wife and I bought our current property. I know it's an older model, but I'm told the shaft drive models are somewhat sought after by garden tractor hobbyists/enthusiasts. I'm not thinking I'm sitting on a pot of gold, just know that it has some value to somebody, somewhere, and I'm hoping to be able to set a fair asking price.

Any input and suggestions are GREATLY appreciated, and I'll be happy to include any additional info as needed.

Regards,
John
GT3100 was Made between 2005 till about late 2010 I see Most about the $2,000 to $2,200 Range Max as that was the Basic 3000 series for those Years it Lacked diff/lock 2011 Price was $5,649 without Mowing deck (y)

·
Premium Member
2,557 Posts
Sorry fellas but 3000 series down here are just 20 y/o lawnmowers to most people. It's a buyers market.

The only one I've seen for $2000 down here had 150hrs on it with 3 spool valves, a 54" deck, and a power angle plow.

·
Ejl in Pa.
240 Posts
3000 series definitely bring more money here in Pa. JoelK I believe has 9 of them and is trying to corner the market and drive prices up.🤣

·
Super Moderator
15,376 Posts
Sorry fellas but 3000 series down here are just 20 y/o lawnmowers to most people. It's a buyers market.

The only one I've seen for $2000 down here had 150hrs on it with 3 spool valves, a 54" deck, and a power angle plow.
View attachment 2444186

View attachment 2444187
I can understand the Low asking Prices
I could never find a Good condition used Cub Cadet or any Brand In Tennessee,Kentucky. Alabama or Georgia when I lived In Cowan & Sewanee, TN. It's like the could afford to buy them down there But didn't Bother to Maintain them. I could get them cheap But they would be a Mess to get back into top running shape. But Up Here in the Midwest they Bought them but they Maintained them as well. Garden tractors & outdoor power equipment were usually well Maintained In Florida & the Carolina's so the Prices would Match the Midwest in those states. I guess they Just Must Putt something in the water Down there:LOL: Buy a expensive Machine & let the next Guy worry about Maintenance

The 3165 was made in 1998 & 1999 so yes it's over 20 years old
The GT3200 Seems to have electrical issues Bet it More than just the Battery Cables for $700 On a Machine That was over $6,200 New:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts