My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've been doing some serious work with my Cub 3100 and my Johnny Bucket Jr.. Just had the tractor over at my fathers house on Saturday, where I moved and leveled out 24 yards of dirt.. Filled in the hole in the hillside left by his above ground pool.

It did a great job, the tractor didnt complain, and neither did I.. My cousin and uncle stopped over and they put got some seat time in, as well.. (I could have charged a fee for all of the interest the tractor and bucket were generating!)

Now, I love my tractor and bucket, but can't help drooling over the Simplicity Legacy XL setup with loader.. I've read that the loader is produced by Kwik-Way. I think that I've read on the forum that Kwik-Way has a loader that will fit my model of tractor.. I've looked at their website and don't see the 3100's listed, so I've sent them an email..

In the meantime, does anyone have any experience with this loader? I'm just looking for a bit more capacity (lift and size), as well as some additional lift height.

Many thanks in advance!
Scott

·
Super Moderator
16,530 Posts
I have they Kwik way loader on a 1999 White GT2055 and yes They do make a kwik-way loader for your Cub Cadet 3100 series it basicly the same loader. Sub frame may be a little diffrent but the Loader for the Cub 3000 series is run off a PTO pump which is run by your front PTO. Kwick-way is the OEM for the Leagacy XL loader and Backhoe. The best thing really is to call them inseatd of email they are a Great company. I have talked to the engineering staff many times. They use to have forum over on there web site where the would answer your questions and want's for your paticular tractor. The loader for your tractor costs $2,500 with a 40 inch bucket you can get it with a 48inch bucket which changes the price by about $100.00. With a 40 inch bucket I was able to fit the White and loader through a standard walk thru gate at the back of my property. With the PTO pump it has Faster up and down and Dumping Times then My 45 loader on my JD X485. But My White GT2055 does not have Power steering that Is why I went with the Deere and the Deere sub frame does not interfer with the mowing deck. Depending on the Model loader or Tractor you can not remount you mowing deck with the Kwik-way sub frame on. Which is what happened on the White. With the ingersoll 4000 series and the older leagacys you could remount your mowing deck with the subframe on the tractor. :thThumbsU

·
Banned
852 Posts
Sergeant, how much counter weight have you added to the rear? KW says the loader without bucket is 450lbs. So say 500lbs with the bucket and loaded say 750lbs+ and a 200lbs man and say 300lbs counter weight, can this 3000 handle that?

Scott

·
Super Moderator
16,530 Posts
With the White I added two 75LB rear wheel weights and I filled the weight Box with sand I think (8) 50lbs bags of it. Kwik-way designs these loader to fit these paticular tractors which they have been doing for the last 50 years. They still produce a Loader that will fit the Cub in your Avatar murphycc At one time kwik-way made a loader for the Craftsman GT's until about 1992. After 1992 the Craftsman Tractor frames and front spindels will not support the loader on those tractor anymore and the Craftsman GT's prior to 1992 kwick-way made a front spindel upgrade kit for those tractors anyways. The good thing about the Cub 3000 series over the White GT2055 is the Cub has power steering where my White Does not. my White actually weigh's less than the 3000 series and it handles the loader weight just fine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys - I appreciate the input!

·
Super Moderator
16,530 Posts
Your Welcome. If you want to go the used route any kwick-way loader should fit unless it was made for a Simplicity Leagacy XL now if its made for the Leagacy prior two the Leagacy XL meaning a black painted loader It shoulf fit all you will need to order from kwik-way then is a diffrent subframe and probably a diffrent pump setup. I know for a fact my kwick-way loader will fit a Ingersoll 4000 or Case 400 series tractor with a diffrent subframe and pump setup where a case or Ingersoll owner would have two diffrent options either a belt driven pump or it could be run off the 400 or 4000 series Hydraulic systems. I belive with the 3000 series if you have full hydraulic on your tractor meaning four outlets the loader may be a little cheaper new because you will not need a pump setup then it will be able to use your own Hydraulic system. For the Deere 425 thru 455 you can use either a Shaft driven pump or the tractor's own Hydraulic system Which are the two options I belive for the Cub Cadet 3000 series.:thThumbsU

1 - 7 of 7 Posts