My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Project Finished----Runs fine etc.

SAME tractor and same Deck and SAME engine block & stater & clutch-----Put your mind to it and know HOW to find replacements and do the work be surprised what one can accomplish??

Attachments

·
Administrator
14,841 Posts
That's quite the resurrection, nicely done!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lets not rehash what has already been hashed out, and closed, but maybe give some credit where credit is due.
Thanks--A pat on the back is nice but All I wanted to show is something like this can be done.. I only have around 30-35 hours working on it just matter of switching parts around etc. Finding good deals about it. AND Think out-side the box..

GT235 Number two getting put together now with a Cv23S Kohler in it and 54inch deck

·
Jack of All Trades Guru!
334 Posts
Its a major effort to do such a restore, even more so with it catching fire. I certainly commend you. I rebuilt my GT225 and my newly aquired LX255, but this def takes the cake! The GT235 is a respectable machine by far, and with many attachments you can get for it, versatile. Be sure to show the before and after pictures to the potential seller to justify how much work you put into it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its a major effort to do such a restore, even more so with it catching fire. I certainly commend you. I rebuilt my GT225 and my newly aquired LX255, but this def takes the cake! The GT235 is a respectable machine by far, and with many attachments you can get for it, versatile. Be sure to show the before and after pictures to the potential seller to justify how much work you put into it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
It was for a Lady who owned it & parked it in garage when it caught fire [no ins] Shes getting it back-- I to used a LX255 I found also for parts & sole other stuff off it,

·
Registered
393 Posts
Nice job. Shows lots of effort and care.

·
Parts collector
2,769 Posts
WOW!

I'm not sure i would have done that amount of work to that tractor but man you did a great job!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WOW!

I'm not sure i would have done that amount of work to that tractor but man you did a great job!
Well I like to help people if I can and ended up selling enough from the LX to pay me for labor and few parts and she got her tractor back--so all is happy.

The hood had a chunk missing from [right side] looking at it so if you look close at photo I kinda messed it up some but it,s not a Lamborghini just a mower--was getting tired anyways..

·
Super Moderator
15,071 Posts
Very nicely done and like has been, the reason behind the rebuild is commendable. She is fortunate to have a neighbor like you.

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,110 Posts
As the saying goes. "you will know who your true friends are when adversity strikes and there appears to be no way forward out of the smoke and ashes"

·
Registered
800 Posts
Nice work, You even gave her a front bumper!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WOW!

This is the second GT235 I got from dealer for 400 had 54inch deck good trans service records and that person ran out of oil blew it up so all engine parts went to the burnt up moter and I put a CV23S kohler in this one and went all threw it --deck--steering--etc.

Had to cut section out of pan where rusted and weld new one in,, And all new bearings also in deck came out ok

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Project Finished----Runs fine etc.

SAME tractor and same Deck and SAME engine block & stater & clutch-----Put your mind to it and know HOW to find replacements and do the work be surprised what one can accomplish??
This is the second GT235 I got from dealer for 400 had 54inch deck good trans service records and that person ran out of oil blew it up so all engine parts went to the burnt up moter and I put a CV23S kohler in this one and went all threw it --deck--steering--etc.

Had to cut section out of pan where rusted and weld new one in,, And all new bearings also in deck came out ok

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,534 Posts
Great Job !! I know what it takes for restoration !! :tango_face_wink:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So far been running ok But I wired something wrong in the second GT235 with kohler cause The battery goes dead over night if I leave it hooked up?? Has a draw someplace? Havent had time to get it in and check things. This one had briggs in it and only 4 wires but I got something wrong? It charges batt. good and shuts off ? I had to make up a section of wires about 2foot long cause on this kohler everything is on other side of engine and so needed longer wires throttle cables too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts