My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm mostly a lurker here, and sure enjoy all the knowledge that is posted.

I have a chance to get a GT varidrive of unknown year without an engine for $50. All I really want off of it is the hood and the seat to go on my 1984 GT18 6 sp.

It appears that the hood is identical to the one on my GT18 (mine got ripped off by a fence I got too close to last month...).

Can someone verify they are indeed the same? Here is a link to a pic on Craigslist.

http://lexington.craigslist.org/grd/2593139001.html

Maybe I should just take my 18 twin out and put it in this chassis? :fing32:

·
Sears/Craftsman Owner
803 Posts
I think the varidrive hood is smaller.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have a chance to get a GT varidrive of unknown year without an engine for $50. . .

It appears that the hood is identical to the one on my GT18 (mine got ripped off by a fence I got too close to last month...).
That pix is the same series of machines as mine (see below) from the early 1980's. There were three hp ratings for the GTV's (V=Varidrive): 11 hp, 16 hp, and 18 hp.

I think I remember (although I am not totally sure) that all three hp ratings were also available as GT models with the six-speed non-Varidrive transmission.

For my GTV-11, the hood is P/N 678H108.

That identical part is listed on Sears.com for both the GTV-16 and the GTV-18 Twin.

The same hood is listed there for the non-Varidrive GT-18 Twin six-speed, model # 917.253744. I would guess that the GT-11 and GT-16 (assuming they exist) from that family of machines also have the same hood.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fantastic! I was going to call the guy today to get the model and year to look this up, but jhorwitz beat me to the punch. :thanku:

I'll be calling the man today to arrange a pickup time. Thanks all!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Note that your model number may vary slightly in the last digit. So you might find some parts variances if you actually have a different model than I mentioned, but they are usually fairly trivial (things like bundling in an accessory or adding a belt guide, etc.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts