My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a DGT 6000, the 917.275285. The brake pedal doesn't seem to engage the brake very effectively. When driving the tractor pressing on the brake pedal does not slow the tractor down much at all. It is easier to use the motion control lever to pull the transmission back to neutral and then coast to a stop. Also the Neutral position on the motion control lever seems a little out of adjustment. To stop from going forward the lever needs to be brought back slightly behind neutral. To stop going backwards the lever needs to be brought slightly forward of neutral.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I believe you can still get a free manual on line. There is a link somewhere on this site but I can't pin-point where. The brake pedal is also a clutch disconnect on a manual shift and a neutral for the Hydro tranny. I THINK. LOL I believe there may be two seperate adjustments but you need the manual.
Marvin

I had a few minutes so I looked it up.
http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/owner_manuals/search?query=Craftsman

You will have to find your GT.

·
4K Poster!!!
4,503 Posts
Sounds like you have some wear in your linkage(s). A close visual inspection is called for, with someone moving the linkage back and forth a bit, and someone looking underneath for looseness.
And,
:MTF_wel2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts