My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would a GT 235 be worth? I don't know year nor do I have a photo. A friend of mine is asking me if I'd be interested.....but he wants $2000 for it and and yard cart that came with it. It supposedly looks new.....

I presently can't take advantage of it, but he has a value placed on it by a friend in October and wants my opinion of it and do I want it. The $$$ alone puts it out of my range. Any interest here on the forum, just PM me. I'll get a photo, and get serial number off of it.

·
John Deere
78 Posts
gt 235 sold new for around $4700 I bought one of these back in 1999 with a Briggs engine 48" deck and a gx 345 for $6700 in 2005 so if it is in good shape half the value of new.:drunkie:

·
Registered
297 Posts
I believe that some years, like mine, did not have an hour meter. So you can only go off of their word, or visual evaluation to how the tractor spent its life.

I paid $1,400 for mine this year, and it is a 2000 model. I thought it was a good price as it was an original owner, older guy who had a nice place and a garage spot for everything. I also got a John Deere plow with the deal. I can get pics of mine, but that might help as far as pricing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I don't like these what are they worth questions. Why? Because, anything is only worth what someone else is willing to pay on any given day.

You're selling, you think it should be worth $2500. You're buying, you see all the defects, the facts that it's used, the unknowns. You say $1500.

What is that tractor worth? $2500 or $1500? Maybe both maybe neither. If the seller isn't willing to sell it for less than $2500, and can hold onto it, it's worth $2500. If the seller takes $1500 for it, then it's worth $1500.

Just remember, it's only worth what you or someone else is willing to pay on that given day. The seller then decides whether it's worth giving it up for that amount. If you think it's worth the money, buy it. If you think you can get more, bigger or better if you wait; then wait. :sorry1:

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate those who offered their opinion. I will tell this gentleman that according to those that know better than me, that he can get the $2k for it, not cheating anybody.

I come to this forum to get info because I don't know all there is to know about all brands.
I wasn't aware of the rule prohibiting asking value questions and will refrain from such activity in the future.

·
deerhed
1,241 Posts
Thats about what it's worth if its in great shape. There's one on the Roch CL right now MINT with Blower for $2000 and that's about par with what I have seen in the last year or so...and I look daily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts