My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well sorry for the delay everyone. But I finally got this buggy back together after waiting for parts and warmer weather. While I waited for parts I spent some time cleaning up everything on the tractor. My floor was completely covered in greasy oily grass, I filled half of a coffee can of the filth. The next problem was the paint, I couldn't stand the faded crappy red no more. So after removing the fenders I gave them a light sanding and some primer along with the running boards, hood, and grill. Then I used masking tape and gave the frame, dash, and the nose cone bezel a quick splash of black. I wanted to atleast make the tractor look presentable until I restore it.
So after scraping off the old oil sump gasket that seemed to be cooked on, I cleaned the oil pan with brake cleaner and re-installed the pan and new gasket. But before I went any farther, I went and bought a cheap $20 oil pressure gauge to monitor the oil psi since it had the oil leak for a while. I figured I would be safe than sorry. I just removed the old plug and installed the new fitting and ran the tube up to the dash. So after getting everything everything back together, I added some fresh Rotella 15w40 and cranked her over. She fired right up instantly. While she was purring like a kitten, All of a sudden I saw a pool of oil underneath!! AARRGGG!!!! Before I shut it off, I got a chance to read the oil psi gauge and it had 22 psi of pressure. So after my oil pressure dropped, I took the shroud off and wouldn't you know it, The gasket between the block and oil filter mount was leaking, God I love Tecumseh & B&S's. Anyways I thought I'd post the progress I've acheived so far. I will update you guys again after I have the ambition to work on it again lol. Enjoy the pics! Let me know what you guys think! - Brad

Attachments

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some pics of the 19.9 with some fresh paint! And a couple before pics. - Brad

Attachments

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
Looks great.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,876 Posts
Looking much better! I like the OPG, thats something mine will definitely be getting when I get around to it.

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great.
Thanks Bro! I will get some better pics tomarro. The poor old girl was begging me for help! The old faded red and flat black looked terrible. - Brad

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Looking good!! I like the silver and black.:thThumbsU:thThumbsU

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking much better! I like the OPG, thats something mine will definitely be getting when I get around to it.
Yeah thanks Hugh! There's still more painting to do, But its looking alot better! Yeah I hope you put an oil pressure gauge on your 19.9! They're a breeze to install. Not only does it look cool, But you can keep an eye on the oil psi. You can buy better gauges that have a flashing warning light when the oil psi drops to much, But this one works great. I think I'm going to put one on my SS/16 as well. - Brad

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looking good!! I like the silver and black.:thThumbsU:thThumbsU
Thanks SC! Black and silver looks so cool on these GT's. I still have to paint the engine shroud, front sub frame, and the rims. But other than that, (Besides the oil leak of course), Shes almost ready to go. - Brad

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,876 Posts
My goal for the 19.9 is to have a gauge pod including oil pressure, ammeter, and an hour meter.

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My goal for the 19.9 is to have a gauge pod including oil pressure, ammeter, and an hour meter.
Yeah I had the same idea! I was originaly going to mount a triple gauge pod under the dash panel with a tachometer, oil psi gauge and fuel gauge. But thats for another rainy day. Let me know if you need help hooking the gauge(s) up. - Brad

·
SEARS TRACTOR COLLECTAH
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's a couple more profile pics of the 19.9. Just a bit more painting to go.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts