My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Ariens GT17
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. about 2 years ago I blew a rod in my older GT-17 with the original Kohler Series I KT-17. The old SPEC# is 24195 i believe but not positive. I found a newer Series II KT-17 from a Simplicity 7117 with a SPEC# of 24343. So far, in my research, i have found this crank to be different but i don't know if this or any other difference will keep the 2 from mating up with no headaches. My other problem is that i am in one state, my machine is in another, and the motor i found is 700 miles between the 2 places. Before i commit, can someone find out or help me to find out if the 2 engines will swap? I have been searching parts books for 4 hours now and im just as confused as when i started. Thanks in advance. Rodsterdewd

·
Registered
296 Posts
be prepared to do some modifying - I just took a kohler k321 out of a john deere & put it in my ariens gt14 - had to swap oil pans, all outer covers, drill & tap holes for the front pto clutch, cut a notch for the oil dipstick, & it vibrates @ mid throttle now because the ariens engine has a gear driven counter ballance - the john deere does not - I am planning to rebuild my origional engine & would suggest you do the same - if all you did was break a rod it should be cheap to fix

1 - 2 of 2 Posts