My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

hello, i tried to start the tractor this morning and it would not turn over, so i jumped it and it ran for 2 minutes, then died. i read on here about solenoids so i checked that and replaced it. still won't run. i then saw a wire with a plastic connector that doesn't have anything in it, it is the connector in the center of the photo. any help would be great.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I put a screwdriver across the 2 points on the solenoid it started up. But when I turn key nothing.

·
Landscaping Nut
1,362 Posts
Check voltage on battery terminals while running. Is battery fully charged. If not charge it up.

Safety switches could be causing a 'no start' condition. If everthing normal the only way it will run with switches operating normally and no one sitting on seat is with parking brake on and pto disengaged.

·
Registered
173 Posts
When I put a screwdriver across the 2 points on the solenoid it started up. But when I turn key nothing.
Ok. To test the solenoid you can jumper from the coil (white wire) to the battery terminal on the solenoid. This should energize the coil and if the solenoid is good the starter should crank.

But... since you've already replaced the solenoid, we'll assume that it's good and you have a safety switch that is keeping it from cranking. Normally you have to have the brake/clutch depressed and the PTO off to start the engine. You have to check that you have everything in the proper position, make sure all connections are good to these switches, and that the switches are operational.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
I second the safety switch

·
Administrator
21,326 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts