My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be painting the hood and the Deere sticker on there is bad, so I will sand it off. But now I want to put a grill emblem on the grill just to make one member on this site happy. So where do I find on CHEAP. :thThumbsU

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Now see, had you voted for me, there would have been a $322.45 Billion grant program to restore grill emblems.

Looks like you'll have to cough up the $15 on your own.

·
The owners manual
1,570 Posts
It's a good thing you are going to be replacing the emblem for you know what happens to the ones without the Deere emblem. A lot of them have not been heard from or seen since.

Dick

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Oh I don't think anyone would notice if you left it off :howdy:

My own Nephew broke the grill emblem off the 160 after what 25 + years and a couple of PO's :banghead3
He actually said what's the big deal:00000060: No more KATT restorations for him. ( now that I just finished his LX188) :aetsch:

·
Super Moderator
16,674 Posts
You can get new Decals and Grill emblems at your Dealer or You can try this Place http://hapcoparts.com/:thThumbsU
Because You'll have a Katt on your Back till You do:beatdeadh
:sorry1: Katt

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now see, had you voted for me, there would have been a $322.45 Billion grant program to restore grill emblems.

Looks like you'll have to cough up the $15 on your own.
I did vote for you, it was the only vote you got. So now I got no chicken on new Deere and no emblem. But they say that guy that won. C-Catt is a real John Deere man.:sidelaugh

·
Citizen of Earth
15,298 Posts
The emblem is a Deere dealer part, unless you get a used one off the internet. As to sanding off the hood decals. You might have an easier time of just peeling them off if you heat them up with a hair dryer first. I bought a hair dryer at a yard sale just so I don't anger the Mrs. It works fairly well on sticky back adhesive type stickers and decals.

·
10K and Climbin!
12,346 Posts
The emblem is a Deere dealer part, unless you get a used one off the internet. As to sanding off the hood decals. You might have an easier time of just peeling them off if you heat them up with a hair dryer first. I bought a hair dryer at a yard sale just so I don't anger the Mrs. It works fairly well on sticky back adhesive type stickers and decals.
Then Brake cleaner is good for the Gob-O-GOO that remains after sticker removal.. :trink40:

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After beaning on there for 25 yrs I do not think there will be any adhesive or Gob-O-goo. Just very hard and dry. :thThumbsU

·
Super Moderator
33,612 Posts
You'd be surprised what a little heat will do. I have yet to see any of the labels not peel off when some heat is applied carefully!

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got back from my John Deere dealer. I ordered the grill Emblem. Boy that sent me back a whole $9.something. Just to keep someone off me butt. And I picked up a new front drive belt. Now the fun begins putting that on, I played **** getting the old one off, and now that I see how much more meat is on the new, Fun Fun Fun. Oh well someone has to do it.:thThumbsU

·
Citizen of Earth
15,298 Posts
The hair dryer technique worked on my 28 year old Deere. You may think the adhesive is all dried up, but a blast of warm air can soften it up. Just trying to save you sanding and prep time.

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you are going to turn in into a Cat, why not a Caterpillar emblem???
Well now, just who told you it was going to be turn in to a cat. Did you see that in the newspaper or on TV. Well everybody on this site would like to know this first hand where you got this info. So please speak up.

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The hair dryer technique worked on my 28 year old Deere. You may think the adhesive is all dried up, but a blast of warm air can soften it up. Just trying to save you sanding and prep time.
Well thank You Joe. You are my kind of guy. I will try that, and do you think a blast of warm air will soften the ol lady up too.:thanku::sorry1:

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Now we need pics !!!!
Don't you wish you could keep your old lady off your back for only $9 bucks :sidelaugh

·
Citizen of Earth
15,298 Posts
Well thank You Joe. You are my kind of guy. I will try that, and do you think a blast of warm air will soften the ol lady up too.:thanku::sorry1:
I don't know your Mrs, so I have no opinion to offer (that way I can't be wrong, right?) I do recall a woman telling me once that "If a man is in the woods, and there are no women around to see or hear him, he will still be wrong." :sidelaugh:sidelaugh

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got the emblem, But something just does not look right.But the man behind the counter at John Deere said yes that is the right one.He said the 212 is the only year they used it on.Well he must know, he works there. Oh well here it is. And it fit on real good like it was made for that year.

Attachments

·
new nut but loving it
1,595 Posts
Got the emblem, But something just does not look right.But the man behind the counter at John Deere said yes that is the right one.He said the 212 is the only year they used it on.Well he must know, he works there. Oh well here it is. And it fit on real good like it was made for that year.
Not to sure you will have too many green lover enthusiastically support your choice...:banghead3

1 - 20 of 20 Posts