My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
A day ahead of y'all..
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought our place in the summer of 2000, moving from about 1/4 acre to a shy horse acre. Our house area went from 1900 or 2800cft. We also gained an additional garage bay. The property is covered with 70' - 90'+ tall evergreens and lots of Maples as well. These shots are of my place after spreading several truckloads of "beauty bark" around the open areas and flower beds. We have a circle drive and a "Island Park" in front of the house encircled by the drive.

This is the left side of the circle drive taken just off the front street.

This is the right side of the same entrance and showing the front of the house.

This shows the front entrance.

This is a view of the front of the house from inside the "Island Park".

And this is looking down the other side of the circle drive towards the street.

So that takes you around the front of My Place...

·
m-ODD-r8r
2,357 Posts
Yo G! Niiice crib!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Wow Greg, nice place! Some serious landscaping there. That last picture fooled me a bit though, at first it looked like the driveway curved to the left on Daytona-style banking! I thought, "cool, that looks like a fun driveway!" :fing20:

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Beeeautiful place, "Homes"! :fing02: :fing02: :fing02:

·
A day ahead of y'all..
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, guys,

Both my wife and I like flowers and plants, but don't know enough to really make the place sparkle....yet! The bark is something that always looks nice and adds to weed control.

The gravel was used in projects in the back. A border around the patio, in front of and beside my garden barn..things like that. Also out in front in our "creek bed", that I'll be posting pics of soon. The drive is paved.

G

·
Registered
207 Posts
Greg,
You have a beautiful place that I can see has some sweat equity in the landscaping which do not feel that you have to apologize in any way for. Personally we have used professionals for those additions that require movement of large amounts of dirt, heavy root balls, or stone wall installations. Everything else has been my wife and I which provides a constant source of pride when people admire our grounds as I am sure they do with yours. Another challenge I believe we both share is growing things in very shady spots. What we have done over the years is the have the Oak Tree canopy thinned back over the years to allow more sunlight in the back and in certain areas of the front. I have not removed any live large trees so far, only smaller ones 12" diameter or smaller to allow for more sunlight. You are in an entirely different growing zone than I am in Illinois so what works here might not work for you.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Very nice place Greg.

We need landscaping done at our place but neither my wife or I have the patience or interest to get that done.

I do like to move gravel, but planting anything doesn't interest us at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts