My Tractor Forum banner
3281 - 3300 of 3309 Posts

·
Parts collector
4,278 Posts
Hello everyone! New member here. I just recently purchased my first garden tractor, a 2021 Husqvarna TS354XD, and so far I absolutely love it! I keep looking for and coming up with random stuff to do around my property just so I can keep using it, lol!
Welcome!

·
Parts collector
4,278 Posts

·
Registered
YT12 with 38' deck and snow blower
5 Posts
Hello All,

Greg O here, I just joined and looking to find other owners of old Ariens YT12 series tractors. hope to tap into the knowledge of the group and hopefully contribute with my findings .I'm located in Chester NJ. I've also got an New Holland TC33D w/loader & Woods Backhoe.

All the best to my fellow members.

·
Super Moderator
8,315 Posts
Hello All,

Greg O here, I just joined and looking to find other owners of old Ariens YT12 series tractors. hope to tap into the knowledge of the group and hopefully contribute with my findings .I'm located in Chester NJ. I've also got an NEw hohlland TC33D w/loader & Woods Backhoe.

All the best to my fellow members.
Welcome Greg. Great to have you here and thanks for posting an introductory post.

Reactions: Ombo68 YT1238

·
Parts collector
4,278 Posts
Welcome to MTF the friendliest tractor site on the net. (y)

Reactions: Ombo68 YT1238

·
Parts collector
4,278 Posts
New here from Idaho. Have been browsing this forum for last two weeks as I look for a new lawn tractor and found a lot of good info. Seems like good folk here. Thanks!

Howdy and welcome to the friendliest tractor site on the net!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello folks

Just working out a deal on a Kioti CS2220 TLB. The last tractor I ran was a MF 135, our homestead tractor where I grew up. It had no loader and was mostly used for towing a trailer around (we lived in a remote area with no drive in access so the tractor was 'it'). Looking forward to learning some new things about tractors.

Reactions: mopar65pa

·
Parts collector
4,278 Posts
Hello folks

Just working out a deal on a Kioti CS2220 TLB. The last tractor I ran was a MF 135, our homestead tractor where I grew up. It had no loader and was mostly used for towing a trailer around (we lived in a remote area with no drive in access so the tractor was 'it'). Looking forward to learning some new things about tractors.
Welcome to MTF! best tractor site on the net!

Reactions: CanuckGSer

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome to all you new folks signing up here daily! Usually try to extend personal greetings to each new post, but it has gotten away from me over the last couple of days. There are a lot of new faces/posters showing up daily! How nice to see people jumping in and introducing themselves.

Be sure to check out some of the forums that are out of your area if expertise and interest. Lots of fun things to see and do all over this website. Photography, autos, motorcycles, cooking, gardening, lawnmowing, you name it, we got it!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and most of all, have fun and enjoy your visits. It's a nice place to spend a bit of time relaxing upon occasion!

Once again, thanks for dropping in.
hello brand new to the forum and just inherited my first tractor...i have a jd 140 that runs like a top but i cant get it to move. lol i'm sure its my fault. (operator error). if you could point me in the right direction i have many questions,, and thank you

·
Parts collector
4,278 Posts
Welcome canuck22!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Welcome. The JD 140 was a very stout tractor made from 68-74. Then they have a bunch of newer models with a letter in front like an LA 140 or D 140. The newer ones aren't as well built as the old ones. It's not they aren't built as well. The newer ones are price point tractors. They are made lighter to meet a desired price. They may be OK lawn mowers, but they can't pull a plow like the old ones. I'll let the guys that know the new ones respond. One thing to look for is the rod at the back of the tractor, between the wheels. It puts the machine in neutral so you can roll it around. If some one pulled it out to roll it, and didn't push it back in, it won't move.

·
Administrator
21,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,294 ·
hello brand new to the forum and just inherited my first tractor...i have a jd 140 that runs like a top but i cant get it to move. lol i'm sure its my fault. (operator error). if you could point me in the right direction i have many questions,, and thank you
Hi there! To get you into the right area for help click this link: John Deere Forum

Plenty of folks familiar with your machine in that section. Will get you going in no time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome. The JD 140 was a very stout tractor made from 68-74. Then they have a bunch of newer models with a letter in front like an LA 140 or D 140. The newer ones aren't as well built as the old ones. It's not they aren't built as well. The newer ones are price point tractors. They are made lighter to meet a desired price. They may be OK lawn mowers, but they can't pull a plow like the old ones. I'll let the guys that know the new ones respond. One thing to look for is the rod at the back of the tractor, between the wheels. It puts the machine in neutral so you can roll it around. If some one pulled it out to roll it, and didn't push it back in, it won't move.
thanks for the responce... had a friend tell me that and got it rolling today..works great

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am from Ohio, and I have a few tractors in my collection. I have some questions on these tractors to ask later. My favorite engines are k-series Kohlers.

·
Super Moderator
8,315 Posts
I am from Ohio, and I have a few tractors in my collection. I have some questions on these tractors to ask later. My favorite engines are k-series Kohlers.
Welcome aboard. Thanks for making an introductory post. Good to have you here. What GTs do you own?

·
Super Moderator
8,315 Posts
I have an Allis Chalmers 716, John Deere 210, Wheel Horse 312-8, Wheel Horse 211-5, and some newer ones I don't really care about.
Cool machines, the AC is right up my alley.

3281 - 3300 of 3309 Posts