My Tractor Forum banner
3241 - 3260 of 3309 Posts

·
Parts collector
4,278 Posts
Likely a John Deere. The current seller offered me his LA 175 with 608 hours and wagon for 800. I’m now trying to figure out if that’s a reasonable price. Any advice?
What size deck? Sounds like a good deal to me. I'm into the older stuff that's built heavier, but for $800 with a wagon as long as it has a deck that is 48" or bigger or you will be mowing forever with 2.5 acres, 50" plus would be best. Hills in the yard or flat? If it has hills and he was using it on them, it could end up with trans problems. But hey for $800 if it lasts you 2 years while looking for something else go for it.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
When it comes to mowers it's all about design and quality build , yes you get what you pay for you stated you have two aches , that will require a decent lawn mower , I have a two aches lot I use a 60 Inch I would try to find something close to commerical as I could get other wise a cheap mower would have been a good down payment on a good mower , and you will be happy , they sell mowers for every budget , a person can get up side down if they blow up a mower and put in a new engine where they should have bought new with a good review from these guys . Some times you get lucky , and find a high end lawn tractor for the money that would go back to design and build and good review .

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I don't know about the mower your asking about , I know some one on here knows , if your just trying to get by it's one thing , if you have a steady job it's another , a person builds equipment around there garden tractor or compact tractor , it's a trick question I want the highest quality i can afford , Model they made the most of and you can get parts I'm not a mechanic and that's why I hang out on tractor forums , I limp around on old equipment and some new but as I get older , I'm afraid to buy new without good reviews , but say I find something good to build around I may go that route , at the end of the day you can only keep tires on so many , if I blow one up I drag it back to the gravel pit , I seen a pic of a yt 221 looked allsome , I run a 60 inch Dixie chopper , about 9 grand , bought a yt 225 at a yard sale its 40 years old , I got 30 grand in used and new trying to keep up with 70 plus aches three houses, may get a yt 235 but don't know about them . Yanmar.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Good example , there chain saws for home owners and chain saws for loggers made by the same company and it goes with all equipment if not most .

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
U don't have to be that sm
new to site and not real good on this kinda stuff. lots of interesting stuff. thanks
Hello from west Kentucky , I've made a lot of friends on here , and you can learn a lot , with every season comes a new challenge and you can find advice and help and its made some of my everyday chores more fun .

·
Super Moderator
10,575 Posts
new to site and not real good on this kinda stuff. lots of interesting stuff. thanks
Hi **** and
to My Tractor Forum...believe me...if I can get around the site...it has to be easy...just ask for help...either with getting around...or fixing your tractor...glad to have you here with us

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I've got a few , maby 25 , 30 , bought my first when I was 14 or 15 for 800.00 dollars . Thats twice what it was new but its a 1937 tricycle jd B unstyled all I know is don't forget the center ramp when you drive it off the trailer or she will bounce the radiator cap off .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello. My name is Greg. My son and I purchased a tractor yesterday to fix a use for cutting grass around are house. Neither of use are new to working on tractors. We have a few tractors hanging around from Cub Cadet to an old John Deere 110 which we restored and is completey operational and given to my sister who needed something to cut her grass. We are basically joining this forum to both gain knowledge and experience in tractor repair.

·
Super Moderator
10,575 Posts
Hi Steeleygreg and
..let us know if you have any questions...but it sounds like you guys are fairly experienced...glad to have you join us here

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bruce G from Canton GA. Owner of YM2000
Hi Bruce, my name is Wayne from Canada. I have a cnc machine shop that I run by myself. I have had Gravely walk behinds and tractors for years. I am planning on putting a Honda on my 8hp walk behind and was wondering if you could share a drawing of you adapter so I could make one for my machine?
Thanks
Wayne

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello All,

I just joined yesterday from Saint John, New Brunswick and forgot to do a proper intro!

My wife and I retired four years ago, from the world of IT, so these days I have lots of time to putter with my 'wannabe' tractor - a Craftsman yard tractor - lol. It's over 10 years old, so it'll soon be needing some repairs. I was happy to discovered this site...it should be a great reference for any repairs I need to do!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hello All,

I just joined yesterday from Saint John, New Brunswick and forgot to do a proper intro!

My wife and I retired four years ago, from the world of IT, so these days I have lots of time to putter with my 'wannabe' tractor - a Craftsman yard tractor - lol. It's over 10 years old, so it'll soon be needing some repairs. I was happy to discovered this site...it should be a great reference for any repairs I need to do!
Welcome from Kentucky .

·
Parts collector
4,278 Posts
Hello All,

Happy retirement and welcome!

Reactions: Rob Long
3241 - 3260 of 3309 Posts