My Tractor Forum banner

3181 - 3200 of 3217 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for accepting my request to join. I'm retired.. and enjoy messing with worthwhile GardenTractor repair. I am not a Restorer, but rather find satisfaction in returning the OldGuys back to usability. After a season of getting acquainted with repaired GardenTractors and getting them 'dialed in'.. I can occasionally get talked into letting them go to folks who like to make them Shiny again.. I always have questions and sometimes an answer worth considering.. Currently enjoying a 420 John Deere GardenTractor.. a 1970 120 with Model 41 (39") mower deck!! and agreat old C 160 WheelHorse 8 spd with 48" mower. Peace!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I all, I'm Brad. I live in the greater Tampa, Fl. area. I have a Ford / New Holland 345D tractor I use on our property and road.

I'll be posting with an information request.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Thank you for accepting my request to join. I'm retired.. and enjoy messing with worthwhile GardenTractor repair. I am not a Restorer, but rather find satisfaction in returning the OldGuys back to usability. After a season of getting acquainted with repaired GardenTractors and getting them 'dialed in'.. I can occasionally get talked into letting them go to folks who like to make them Shiny again.. I always have questions and sometimes an answer worth considering.. Currently enjoying a 420 John Deere GardenTractor.. a 1970 120 with Model 41 (39") mower deck!! and agreat old C 160 WheelHorse 8 spd with 48" mower. Peace!
:MTF_wel:

Thanks for finding us and joining! :)

I all, I'm Brad. I live in the greater Tampa, Fl. area. I have a Ford / New Holland 345D tractor I use on our property and road.

I'll be posting with an information request.

Thanks
Hey Brad, welcome aboard and thanks for joining! :MTF_wel2:

·
Parts collector
2,985 Posts
:MTF_wel:

Welcome all y'all newbies! :tango_face_grin:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi to all, I'm a retired woodworker. I have John Deere 4100 bought it when they first came out.
Will be posting a question on 3pt. hitch

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello my name is William I am from Indiana. I've signed up to do some research on repowering my Cub Cadet lawn tractor which died at 2200 hours the other day I am not new to vBulletin forums but I am new to this one so hello y'all . :00000033:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to all, my partner just bought herself a 7 acre hobby farm in Minnesota. We also bought a couple John Deere tractors to use on the land. I figured that one of us should learn how to take care of the machines. The 318 came with all sorts of attachments so we might be seeking out some tips on how to use them. Over time I hope to be able to answer some questions for other users, not just be asking them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just joined this week. Retired from my position at the end of 2018 and moved from NW Oregon to NE Washington to house with 5 acres. I have a Craftsman 917.270821 (19.5 HP, two-cylinder B&S) purchased (used) along with the trailer and snow plow. I bought the spreader (used) a while after.

Seems in great shape and runs well. Just replaced the air cleaner elements, replaced the fuel filter, and cleaned the plugs. Now, as you can see in the picture, I've removed the mower deck and trying to mount the snow plow. No manual for the plow but it seems simple enough... :tango_face_wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member, Howard Moore in Ashland, KY. I've got 3 tractors (4052M, 5055E, and 5065E), two zero steers (Z930 and Z950), an 825 Gator, and an LA115 mower. I'm a licensed engineer and a one-time mechanic who's had difficulties keeping the tractors running, hope to get, and give, some help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I'm a retired 73 years young Bolens loving man. I have owned one since I was 23. My first was a 1050 had a plow with it and I rebuilt it, used it for several years and sold it for twice what I paid for it. Next one was a 1556 hydro, with ,brady plow,snow blade,rototiller, I built a trailer and used it for years. Sold it when I moved to the city. Moved back to the country 10 years ago and started buying bolens, I now have seven, and couple of motors.All still operate but have problems. I have made a repair shop and have found a young friend and we will start restoring all of them. I also have a Kubota BX25 loadng fed and really love it, Lookiorward to share and learn.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New to the forum. I recently purchased a new to me John Deere L130 lawn tractor. It is a step up from my 29 year old craftsman. Look for maintenance information on the form.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys many thanks for the add , ive just bought a kubota g2160 ride on mower and will be looking for tips and info on the use of the mower

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi MTF glad to find you. I have a John Deer L110 and a Craftsman Pro 917.288720 25HP 46in mower (second owner). Got lots to learn here as both of these are 10+ years old and need some TLC.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. Not really a new member. Just forgot my avatar and everything. It's been a while since I've been her., I now have a Kubota BX 1800 and an a happy camper.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello my Tractor Friends...

Just bought a MF GC1720 this last March. I am in South East Idaho, about 10 miles west of Montpelier.
I am long in the tooth 74 years old (young?). I love this MF. It lets me do things I couldn't otherwise do. I am a newbie but willing to learn. Can't wait to start reading and gleaning from your collective experience and smarts...

In Liberty,
Johnnylee1945
:tango_face_smile:

3181 - 3200 of 3217 Posts