My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Washington State. I'm in the market for 30-35 HP rig, and have quotes from John Deere and Kubota, I think Orange is in front due to increased ground clearance and a few lesser features. The JD guys are great, I also have a 200 series JD riding mower.

We have 6 acres and for the first few years we will be doing general landscape improvements and then I hope to start a farm operation, Blueberries and Grapes are in the lead. House and barn on 2 acres and 4 in back, flat pasture land no trees. Might make a nice apple/pear orchard.

I'm considering the L3200/L3800 Kubota or the JD 2720, the JD 3x20 series had reduced ground clearance and has been removed from consideration. For the heck of it, I'm going to test drive the Kubota L3240 Grand for comparison and determine if the premium features are worth the significant price increase over the L3200. We do love our gadgets, but at what cost?

Dutch
Seattle WA
I hate blanket statements.

·
Administrator
13,436 Posts
Re: Greetings from Washington State

Welcome to MTF Dutch, I moved your thread to the CUT Forum for some added exposure from the CUT tractor guys. Take care.....

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,686 Posts
:MTF_wel2:Welcome from N.Illinois

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome!

·
9K+ Poster
12,162 Posts
the JD 3x20 series had reduced ground clearance and has been removed from consideration.
Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1: Are you sure about the ground clearance of the 3x20 being less than the 2720? I'm not somewhere where I can check the numbers, but thing it would be the other way.

Kubota makes some great machines. I get the horsepower range you are looking at, but not necessarily the size. Would a B3030 fit the bill?

Happy hunting! :)

·
Likes Vintage JDs
12,244 Posts
... Would a B3030 fit the bill?...
My thoughts exactly. The equivalent Kubota to the JD 2720, would be something from the B Series (rather than the L), probably closest match would be the B2920. But for more grunt, larger frame, more features look at the 3000/3030 or the B3300 SU.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.