My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased 2 lots in a private recreational community to go camping, atv riding, fishing, floating on the merimac river near sullivan mo.

the lots have over 30 foot of fall in the 140 foot they measure across by the road. they genly slope down for the 250 feet they are deep

almost an acre i got for 400.00

needing to level the lots using soil from high areas

recently bought a 1963 jacobsen 800 chief with no mower deck but has front snow/dirt plow blade and a 77-79 allis chalmers 716 hydro with no mower deck or any attachments

my dad gave me a few pull behind implements for garden tractors, i have a 1 row plow, harrows, cultivator

he is fabricating a pull behind box blade made from steel H beams

bought a lawn roller, and pull behind drop spreader off craigs list

purchased a pull behind dump trailer from lowes

i got the jacobsen first about a month before the allis. the jacobsen ran good and had alot of power. i put in the driveway culvert and had some 2 inch minus rock delievered and they dumped it in the road. I used the jacobsen to push the rock out of the road. it did ok but i over heated the started / generator or something and it stopped turning the starter would only smoke.

so while working on the jacobsen i found the allis.

have gotten new starter/generator, starter relay, voltage regulator, ignition switch, starter selinoide. it now starts and runs good. we fabed a custom 3 point hitch with manual lift...(for now)

got the lights working and dialing in the brakes now. steep hills no joke when backing up with trees down hill behind you.

i found the chassis and motor numbers on the jacobsen

i starting to work on the allis now and found the motor serial number. but can not find a allis serial number . where on the frame is the serial number plate located?

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
:MTF_wel:Glad you joined!
:wwp: If you need easy Picture help
Be sure to Register for Your State!

·
Administrator
21,609 Posts
Nice looking machine! Sounds like you have a lot to keep you busy. Enjoy your visits to the site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts