My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am from the Solomon Islands. Glad that I could register on to this forum. I gather this is an American forum but am interested in owning a new tractor. That's why I would like to join and get to know tractors from your experiences and make a correct purchase

·
Super Moderator
28,832 Posts
Jamie, welcome to MTF! We have members from all around the world so good to have a Solomon Island connection now! There is a lot of information and great members on the site that will help you with your purchase. If you let us know what size property, terrain and use it will be intended for, whether looking for new or used, we can help narrow down choices for you.

·
4,165 Posts
Hi Jamie and welcome to MTF...glad you joined us here...what tasks do you have in mind for the tractor you want to acquire?...give us some specifics and we will be glad to give you some input...good luck with your choice ....Solomon Islands.....I have heard that it is like Heaven there....would love to see some pictures of it

·
Premium Member
9,442 Posts
Welcome to MTF Jamie. I hope we can help you. We have a lot of snow removal discussions that should be of interest to you. I'm a little concerned because most of our tractors don't float very well!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Mark, Steve for your welcoming words. No snow in the Solomons but hot and humid with temperatures averaging at 28 degrees centigrade (82F). I would agree its a great country, very green and trying to turn tracts of it into farms ... very high rice imports into this country after loss of the rice fields in a tropical cyclone years back but for the life of me someone listened to the rice growers association in a neighbouring country and converted the fields into oil palm plantations. We have for over 20 years continued to import rice from that very association providing the prior advice.

·
Kioti SCUT
370 Posts
Jamie - Welcome. I know of a few sites and videos for good info. Are you looking for a Lawn tractor, Garden tractor, or small/large Farm tractor. Cal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts