My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every 14SB I've seen has been grey, but I've come across one that's green. Is this a later model, or is it simply painted?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
It is an earlier model and is based on the first cast hi vacuum mowers JD built the 21SP series. It is the green JD in these photos and was made about 1983 to 86. The silver JD is the later 14SB. There is a mulch plate on the green one in the picture. Roger

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the pictures/reply, but it's not. It's identical to the silver 14SB, just a green deck. It doesn't APPEAR to be painted.

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,768 Posts
Probably just another Canadian model that we havent seen down south

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Someone painted that, all 14SB's with that deck were silver. The green looks a little yellowish to me for JD green but maybe it's the lighting. Were you thinking about buying it? Great choice although you will need new wheels.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I'm planning on picking it up tomorrow or Monday. Is there any steel commercial wheels that I can buy for this mower?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Well, the commercial units used steel wheels but AFAIK the don't fit on the 14SB for some reason. Has something to do with the rear height adjusters. I wish I had a 14SB so I could experiment. Anyways, those wheels are $60+ each :eek::eek::eek: so it's spendy upgrade. Search for the 14SC, 14SX, 12PC, or JX85 if you want to see the steel wheels. Honestly, the plastic wheels are not bad at all and will still last awhile.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I've never seen a green 14SB but that doesn't mean they can't exist. Does the serial number tag identify it as a 14SB? Maybe it's a JX75 & the back flap was taken off a 14SB & installed on this mower?

Post pics when you get the mower! :wwp:

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
could be a transitional phase between the 14sb and jx75?. anyway you have the best mower desighn of all time in my book

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awaiting to arrange a pick-up time with the seller, wondering if he may have sold it on me... :(

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup, he sold it on me. Hopefully getting the money a little earlier was worth it to him. No honour among people these days.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Sorry that happened, people just can't do the right thing it seems. But don't give up finding another one - these mowers are worth it!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks. Yeah, I'm really hoping to get one, one of these days. The price is usually way too high around here, this time it was finally right. Figures!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Yup, he sold it on me. Hopefully getting the money a little earlier was worth it to him. No honour among people these days.
It is a SHAME that people just can't let their word or man's honor mean anything anymore. Our society is sick.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I just saw a jx75 on Craigslist for $150. It was up for a whopping 20 minutes before it was removed. I should have called when I first saw it.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I just saw a jx75 on Craigslist for $150. It was up for a whopping 20 minutes before it was removed. I should have called when I first saw it. Sent from the MTF Free App
JX75/85 are one of those mowers that you HAVE to call when you see them. Mine (JX75 with 2 hours on it )I got from a Doctor locally who bought it-used it a few hours and a sump pan bolt worked loose which was cut off by the blade. Instead of warranty'ing it and getting it fixed. He just went ahead and bought ANOTHER new JX75 and pushed this one into the corner of his garage where it sat for a few years. I was out to his house one day saw it and asked if he wanted to sell it. He said he was considering pushing it out for trash.!!:bonk:

I said I'll save it. He helped me load it right there.

Here is a shot of the new oil pan going in...

and Mr. JX75...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts