My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get yourself some VP Full Synethic 2 stroke oil

Go to the local airport and buy yourself some e-free unleaded aviation gas.

Throw in an ounce of Pri-G

Stand back and watch your stuff perform better than it did when it was brand new.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the brand/type of unleaded at the airport? I thought all aviation fuel had lead in it?

I use Sunoco 260 GTX race fuel which is 98 octane, no lead, no ethanol.
I believe it is actually 100 "low lead". I've been using it for years in my small engines. My tractor runs well on plain old E10 fuel. That stuff you're using is really pricey. Doesn't that come in a 5 gallon can?

The answer to your question about the fuel at the airport: it's Philips 66, is slightly blue - green.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Oh, I thought maybe they've finally agreed on a "no lead" aviation fuel. I don't want to be breathing in lead while in close proximity of my chainsaw/trimmer/blower/etc.

I live near the speedway that has 260 GTX in a pump. The 5 gallon cans are $60. It's cheaper than anything the box stores sell, but I'm sure if there was unleaded avgas it would be cheaper than all of them. It's a small price to pay for not having to repair all of my small engines every year, and my health.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Regular pump gas with ethanol, 3 1/2 oz Lucas 2-cycle oil and 1 oz of Seafoam mixed with one of my 35 year old sons baby bottles. I've been using this mixture for about 10 years, before that I used the same ratio with boat oil a friend gave me after he sold his boat. It goes in everything from 40 year old chainsaws to newish Stihl trimmers.
Cannon

Attachments

·
Registered
572 Posts
I just run Amsoil Saber mixed between 40:1-50:1 in everything from my vintage Lawn Boys to my chainsaw, weed eater, snow blower, and new leaf blower. Quite a few gas stations in the area have been carrying ethanol free recreational fuel, so I use that in all my equipment.

L8R,
Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts