My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i got an ancient roto tiller with reverse for free. Runs with a briggs on it. Next is a craftsman chipper, runs chips, free. Then comes a montgomery ward crank start push mower its HUGE!! OMG its atleast a 22". Idk if it runs cause the cranker needs work. And i got a mtd crappy mower. All for free. I will get pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Ok so i got an ancient roto tiller with reverse for free. Runs with a briggs on it. Next is a craftsman chipper, runs chips, free. Then comes a montgomery ward crank start push mower its HUGE!! OMG its atleast a 22". Idk if it runs cause the cranker needs work. And i got a mtd crappy mower. All for free. I will get pics tomorrow.
Nice!:thThumbsU

·
Collector of many tractors
15,274 Posts
Them old cranker never did fling the engine over fast enough to get them started...

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes my big mow rider thing has that on it too. I giv my self a blister everytime i try to start it.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heres some pics... theres more to come!!! :thThumbsU I think someone on here has or had a MW like mine they picked up at a garage sale. Anyone??

Attachments

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and some more! LOOK at how big the deck is compared to a 21" LB. OMG ITS HUGE!!! Also is my HEAVY tiller from the stone age. It runs fine but its a pain to use and the reverse wont engage. The lever wont budge into reverse. Forwards works but the tines throw you about!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heres the wood chipper its a craftsman with a 3.5HP tecumseh on it. It chips up the little stuff but the big stuff is a hassel for it. Its got a diaphram carb on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and some pics of my shed. Its getting FULL!! I will get some pics of my Herd all in one big group shot. I have just been to busy to get it done. Most of the ones to the right of the pics are junk craftsmans and a few spare LB decks. ALso is a pic of the sticks i chipped up tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, I think like ImaLBfreak said, Croc has one of those.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sweet. Thanks, Its a 1964 model. It mows really well just kinda heavy.

·
Registered
86 Posts
that old cranker brings back memorys i was just starting to forget about , i think i lost some skin on one of those. thanks

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My big mow rider thing i have has a crank on it and EVERY time is try to start it it gives me a blister!

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
That monkey wards crank start is an old one Fixit, notice that the muffler is on the same side as the gastank/carb. It's gotta be an early 60's model. I have a monkey wards crank start also, its from 66.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah the engine first 2 digits of the code are 64 so its a 1964. Are they hard to find or what?? yours is the only other one i have ever seen.

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Not too hard to find I guess, I have two of them, one from 68 and one from 66. Both of there decks are rock solid with hardly any rust. I would hold onto yours if I were you.

·
Old engine addict
292 Posts
Garden Mark!

Dad used to have a Garden Mark tiller with the impulse starter like that. He was winding it up one day when the ratchet pawl broke and the crank came spinning around and broke his thumb!

He took it off and put a pull start shroud on it after that. lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts