My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some may remember the cab I have for my 1872. I mounted it up about a month ago but last night was the 1st real winter weather we've had. So today I mounted the Haban hydro blade and the tire chains.

These nice cabs have 2 problems. 1st is they are loud! They vibrate and amplify the road and engine noise. So I just wear my hearing protection ear muffs. 2nd problem is frosted and fogged windows. Every breath you take sticks to the glass and freezes when it's in the 20's. When I was Christmas shopping I found a cheap little 12 volt car fan at the local Big Lot's store. Today I finally got around to mounting it up and wiring it. Boy does it work great. I could see my breath just disappear about 6" from the windshield. No frosty glass at all and I was working the tractor for a couple of hours! Woo hoo!
It will oscillate or just point it at a single place. That's the way I had it set. Doesn't take up much space and I haven't knocked my head on it either.

Next addition will be a couple of small outside mirrors for backing up with. The cab does limit my view some.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
That's awesome - you gotta love a simple solution to a complex problem :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts