My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a 94 JD F525, working on the mower deck (again), and ordered a new spindle. However, did not order the grease fitting which I did not notice was required. Could not get the old fitting out of the old spindle, and from looking at it, it appears the new one is pressed in and not screwed in. Does anyone know if this is the case, and if so, can I just get a grease fitting at an auto parts store? JD dealer is 25 miles away from home and about 40 from work, and I need to get this put back together and get the grass cut.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Hi everyone, I have a 94 JD F525, working on the mower deck (again), and ordered a new spindle. However, did not order the grease fitting which I did not notice was required. Could not get the old fitting out of the old spindle, and from looking at it, it appears the new one is pressed in and not screwed in. Does anyone know if this is the case, and if so, can I just get a grease fitting at an auto parts store? JD dealer is 25 miles away from home and about 40 from work, and I need to get this put back together and get the grass cut.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
It should work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Some grease fittings just press fit into a 1/8 or 3/16 hole. Some use a 1/4-28 threaded hole, and some use a 1/8 pipe thread. If your spindles are drilled for a press fit you may be better off using a 7/32 drill and tapping 1/4-28. Get some fittings from your local parts store that are 1/4-28 and good to go. You can get fittings that are angled 45 or 90 degrees to make it easier to get the grease gun on.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I emailed the dealer I got the spindle from , and found out it's a 1/4" drive-in fitting, and auto parts dealer should have them. Bradmond, if it doesn't fit, I like your idea, I would prefer a screw-in fitting for easier removal if the new one needs replaced.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts