My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a commercial 430 Gravely unit the carburetor was missing Where can I get or do they make a replacement for the Onan carburetors

·
4,174 Posts
You might need some more specific information on the engine...but yu should find one on ebay or amazon...if not try Jack's small engines

·
Super Moderator
11,570 Posts
Not many 430s were built with the G30 12 hp single cylinder Onan engine, so your 430 is special in a way. For that reason we can't start to narrow the carb. down as being either a Kohler, or Walbro carb. as we could with a Kohler engine, unless someone here may happen to know what carb. it is.

Try "googling" your engine, adding "carburetor" to your search ("Onan G30 carburetor") and see what comes up. You may also want to post a few pics of your carb. here.

·
4,174 Posts
If he posts a picture of the remaining linkage and the intake manifold guys familiar with it might see something...the other thing to do is get all the numbers you can of the engine and call Jacks, or Searsdirect, or repairclinic

·
Gravely1964
3,929 Posts
lol. I missed that part.
Have no fear steve is hear

DSC00813.JPG Onan NB here choice one

DSC00733.JPG Choice 2 is a K241 threw K 321 kohler single will look about the same

DSC00599.JPG Pretty good pic of a kohler carb off of my 424.

Have close ups of the onan carb if thats what you have

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry about my last post. I finally cleaned up the engine enough to find the ID where's that I have a NB-MS/ 1847 A model number. Im going to attach some photos of the engine I did find a carburetor while I'm waiting on the carburetor I tried to start it and have no spark I replaced the spark plug and the coil any suggestions on what to do next

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,570 Posts
I don't know this engine, but it looks like it has transistorized ignition. If so, the module (is that it hanging in the pic?) needs to be installed in order to generate spark. There should be a magnet in the flywheel that generates an ignition pulse in the module (spark) as it passes the module's contact point. The .008 gap listed on your engine's data plate would be the gap between the module contact point, and the flywheel.

·
Gravely1964
3,929 Posts
Well if you have no spark your up the creek with a broken paddle. Haven't made a bolt on module to work since the 70's is what I was told.

Basically you have to build a spark system. rw3dog on youtube has a good series on what he did to make them run. I have one of the few working spark boxes this side of the US on mine. So im not much help there

1 - 12 of 12 Posts