My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gravely apparently didn't have a service agreement with Onan until 1978. Here are a couple of service bulletins from the beginning of '78 regarding the service policy and recommended part stocking levels, which I find pretty interesting.

Attachments

·
Gravely1964
3,931 Posts
Gravely apparently didn't have a service agreement with Onan until 1978. Here are a couple of interesting service bulletins from the beginning of '78 regarding the service policy and recommended part stocking levels, which I find pretty interesting.
HUH interesting very interesting Mr. John :fing32:

Thanks for posting :thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Very interesting indeed. Thanks!

Rick

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
I have seen recommended parts lists from manufacturers before and Onan is not any different...The recommended parts list is insane. A shop could be in business for 50 years and never touch 1/2 of the parts listed. Maybe if you were the only Onan shop within 500 miles.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey wjohn, found 3 out of 4...:)
Thank you! I wonder if the first 50 model 450s were the only ones with the 1831G spec. That is great info to have.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have seen recommended parts lists from manufacturers before and Onan is not any different...The recommended parts list is insane. A shop could be in business for 50 years and never touch 1/2 of the parts listed. Maybe if you were the only Onan shop within 500 miles.
Some of it makes sense and some of it doesn't. There are some interesting differences in the recommended stocking levels for each engine - take the mufflers, for example. Gravely (or Onan) seemed to be indicating that the B43 and B48 mufflers would need to be replaced more often than those on the CCKAs.

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
That is pretty much a true statement. The CCKA muffler is one heavy thick beast.

The B43 and B48 mufflers are also prone to damage. I backed into a fence once and broke a header pipe. Replacing the mufflers and pipes was not cheap at the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts