My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my ZTX 42 in July when the motor went in my Husqvarna 42" riding mower. I also have a 60" pull behind mower and was wondering if the Hydro-Gear ETZ Transaxles would handle pulling it on flat ground. Haven't tried pulling anything yet.

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Probably will be fine.

My ZTXL42 with Hydrogear 2800 transaxles had a "hitch" option for pulling something, bagger option (adds about 200 lbs weight to the zero turn), and IIRC, it even had a snowblower option.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to the Hydro-Gear website and looks like my ZTX drives are good for 900 lbs. Mower is 600+ a little and I'm less than 180 that leaves just over a hundred. Won't be pulling the mower very much. It takes just as long to cut 42" cut with my ZTX as I did cutting 8' wide with the Husqvarna rider and the 60" pull behind and it's a lot of fun. Already found an extra 1/2 acre to cut.

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
...remember, a fair amount of weight is also on the front wheels, so you have a bunch more weight that can potentially be put on the rear wheels...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 900 lbs is Gross Vehicle Weight Dave and there is no spec on pulling weight. Most manufacturers use these ETZ's so they must stand okay on their smaller models. I really liked the ZTXL like yours but an extra $1000 was a little more than I could justify.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts