My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found an add for an old Studebaker/Gravely Westchester that has sparked my interest. The only things it seems to be missing are the exhaust, air filter and I'm guessing a front cap for the PTO. The body overall seems to be in pretty good shape (pictures are posted below). I just want to hear if anyone has experience working on these. What are their weak points and typically issues. I've heard a lot about linkage and engine studs. Basically just looking for whatever information I can find! Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have only seen one of those before.
I really don't have any info on them, but if i had stumbled across one, I suspect that it would have been loaded in my truck to bring home!

·
Daryl G
896 Posts
laidlaw1,
That looks to be a nice purchase - take a look at this older post regarding the Westchester - something you don't see everyday!
Yours is a gem compared to those that do turn up for sale. I am looking forward to seeing your handiwork with this rare piece of equipment. Also, check your messages.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,417 Posts
I've seen a good number of them through the years, mainly at shows. Not to give the impression that they're common, because they're not. Yours appears to be in very nice shape. Congrats!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts