My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moderators , if this needs moved to appropriate forum , please move .

Some Gravely tractors and attachments I found on Craigslist tonight in the Pittsburgh area .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
You forgot one:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

·
Active member, now deceased, but not forgotten.
4,156 Posts
I just looked that CL area over and would say you both missed a few.

I think people post to the CL of that area because they know Gravely prices are known to be high there.

Some of the attractive listings are near Reading and other far off locations, for goodness sake.

·
On my way to 1k posts!
689 Posts

I think people post to the CL of that area because they know Gravely prices are known to be high there.

Some of the attractive listings are near Reading and other far off locations, for goodness sake.

Been looking at picking up a few attachments for my Pro8... but the prices around here are ridiculous for gravely stuff

·
Gravely1964
3,931 Posts
Welcome to western pa. Everything is really far away, really high priced or really beat. I like the cheap stuff that needs lots a work thats up my alley :tango_face_wink:

I've got some good stuff, but you have to be looking and ready to drive for something you want. Last craigslist buy or item I looked at was the power broom in January lol. Wasn't far away and price was right win win.

Do see some real nice stuff for sale in this gravely rich area :D

Don't buy alot off there more or less word of mouth and friends knowing people ect. Oh and work don't help when trying not to buy stuff ........:lalala:

·
On my way to 1k posts!
689 Posts
Welcome to western pa. Everything is really far away, really high priced or really beat. I like the cheap stuff that needs lots a work thats up my alley :tango_face_wink:

I've got some good stuff, but you have to be looking and ready to drive for something you want. Last craigslist buy or item I looked at was the power broom in January lol. Wasn't far away and price was right win win.

Do see some real nice stuff for sale in this gravely rich area :D

Don't buy alot off there more or less word of mouth and friends knowing people ect. Oh and work don't help when trying not to buy stuff ........:lalala:

Found an L about an hour from me and I was emailing the guy. I offered him $200 and he was asking $600. Last ran over 20 years ago and looked pretty rough. Guy emailed me over 20 times back and forth telling me my offer was ludicrous and I should be ashamed of myself.

Last message he sent me and claimed to have parked it in his front yard and it sold for $250 30 minutes later... the only thing that kept me from buying it was $50?

He never gave me a counteroffer just told me how dumb I was.

There's my annoying Western PA Gravely story. Lol

·
Gravely1964
3,931 Posts
Found an L about an hour from me and I was emailing the guy. I offered him $200 and he was asking $600. Last ran over 20 years ago and looked pretty rough. Guy emailed me over 20 times back and forth telling me my offer was ludicrous and I should be ashamed of myself.

Last message he sent me and claimed to have parked it in his front yard and it sold for $250 30 minutes later... the only thing that kept me from buying it was $50?

He never gave me a counteroffer just told me how dumb I was.

There's my annoying Western PA Gravely story. Lol
Yeah I think we've all run into those kinda people.

Talked too a guy about an hour and a half away with some rider stuff on the phone. Went and looked at the stuff made him an offer of $600 and "said I could get more in scrape for the stuff" An 812 , deck , blade or blower and some parts and a 430 trans. Mind you week before we had hauled 2 tons of scrap and got a whoopping $110 for that from work. So laughed, wished him luck and left.
Wonder what ever happened to them. Scrapped who knows? Was a four years ago now.

There out there! Point have a price agreed upon before looking at stuff until inspected otherwise :dunno: 3 hrs in my truck and running the mountain up to somerset with no prize at the end wasn't fun...............

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually didn't miss that one . When the prices are WAY out of line , I just skip passed them . Remember my post about a guy near me that had the Gravely tractors and attachments for sale ? He wanted $400.00 for a rusted up snow blade . When I told him the going price was more in the range of 150-200 , he got loud and said he wasn't giving the stuff away ! Funny part was when he told me he PASSED UP $500.00 for the plow a week before . Then why was he asking $400.00 ? He claimed he bought out a buddies inventory of a closed shop in Clarion Pa. I think he thought he invested in a gold mine . I politely asked him to keep my number in case he found my offer more appealing in the future . He asked me to also keep his . So maybe I'll have a plow sometime in the future ? Or it will just rust away leaning against his garage .

·
On my way to 1k posts!
689 Posts
I actually didn't miss that one . When the prices are WAY out of line , I just skip passed them . Remember my post about a guy near me that had the Gravely tractors and attachments for sale ? He wanted $400.00 for a rusted up snow blade . When I told him the going price was more in the range of 150-200 , he got loud and said he wasn't giving the stuff away ! Funny part was when he told me he PASSED UP $500.00 for the plow a week before . Then why was he asking $400.00 ? He claimed he bought out a buddies inventory of a closed shop in Clarion Pa. I think he thought he invested in a gold mine . I politely asked him to keep my number in case he found my offer more appealing in the future . He asked me to also keep his . So maybe I'll have a plow sometime in the future ? Or it will just rust away leaning against his garage .

I have another story similar to this, but that's when I enjoyed messing around with Bolens. Now it's Cub Cadet and I think there are even more Yoo-hoos.

·
Registered
805 Posts

If anyone finds a tractor near to Reading and can make the deal, I can grab it and hold onto it...I travel up to NW PA quite frequently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
NE PA you mean.

4x4Dad, that's my tractor, which is why I mentioned it. :)

I might be able hook you up with a rider plow in your price range.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Plow , plow , somebody say PLOW ? OK , You have my attention . I'm all ears ..........or eyes ......:1221::00000033:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NE PA you mean.

4x4Dad, that's my tractor, which is why I mentioned it. :)

I might be able hook you up with a rider plow in your price range.

:fing20: OK , my bad . I get it now . You have one for sale also . I would say , the Walk behinds kinda all look the same to us newbies , but that would be ....... ??????? Gravely blasphemy for you LONG TIME owners that have your favorites I'm sure . I truly am interested in getting to know the differences in the 2 wheelers because some day I hope to own one . I honestly don't have any use for one at my present property , but I have to admit they are pretty cool with all of the attachments .:thThumbsU

·
On my way to 1k posts!
689 Posts
:fing20: OK , my bad . I get it now . You have one for sale also . I would say , the Walk behinds kinda all look the same to us newbies , but that would be ....... ??????? Gravely blasphemy for you LONG TIME owners that have your favorites I'm sure . I truly am interested in getting to know the differences in the 2 wheelers because some day I hope to own one . I honestly don't have any use for one at my present property , but I have to admit they are pretty cool with all of the attachments .:thThumbsU

You're not full blown addicted yet. When that point happens, it doesn't matter how much property or storage you have, you always end up with more of the 3 :fing32: You can ALWAYS find a use for one if you look hard enough

1 - 15 of 15 Posts