41 - 60 of 343 Posts

·
Registered
7,945 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I totally wish I was your neighbor
Thanks! Not many Gravely guys around here. I know of some riders in use but no "huge fans". I have one neighbor in sight that I just met has his grandad's 8163-T, his dad restored it and it is top notch. A church has a G-series and another church has 2 G-series the armory has a 8000-G and I know of just a few more around here.

Jason

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hey! What fun!

Here is my '66 Comm 10 that i refurbished. No real issues since doing that a couple of years ago. I use it to mow my weeds in the summer to reduce the threat of fire with the 30" brush hog; also in the winter with the 48" blade to clear about 900' of driveway (I no longer get snowed in!); and I built a front dump cart from an old motorcycle trailer to haul stuff. I have too many implements and not enough 2-wheelers. Gravelys are tough to find in New Mexico.

I really enjoy seeing all of your stuff. Thanks for sharing!

Attachments

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts

·
Outlaw Tractor Collector
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Hey! What fun!

Here is my '66 Comm 10 that i refurbished. No real issues since doing that a couple of years ago. I use it to mow my weeds in the summer to reduce the threat of fire with the 30" brush hog; also in the winter with the 48" blade to clear about 900' of driveway (I no longer get snowed in!); and I built a front dump cart from an old motorcycle trailer to haul stuff. I have too many implements and not enough 2-wheelers. Gravelys are tough to find in New Mexico.

I really enjoy seeing all of your stuff. Thanks for sharing!
Love that cart!

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
This is an early 50's L, the serial tag had been removed so I'm not entirely sure of the year. I've installed a spin on oil filter and Gravely low volume oil pressure gauge, also I've installed a layer carb and air filter. I had the top end reconditioned as the lower end is in good order, the old girl fires up on the first pull and has no problem powering a 40" deck in tall grass pulling me on a sulky.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Okay here is another. My next project is a Jenkins head install on my C8. Ill ge some photos of the Jenkins head this week.

Attachments

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Okay here is another. My next project is a Jenkins head install on my C8. Ill ge some photos of the Jenkins head this week.
Is that an original Gravely Quiet Tone muffler or is it an aftermarket? It looks great! :fing32:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Here is my Gravely westchester, runs ,but needs to be restored ,control cables siezed up , also have a 8163 that needs a motor job.

Very nice tractors everyone:thThumbsU

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Is that an original Gravely Quiet Tone muffler or is it an aftermarket? It looks great! :fing32:
I got the muffler from eBay, if I remember correctly it was from a cub cadet. I've since purchased two other mufflers that look similar but cost a bit less. Both mufflers tone down the exhaust note, now my Gravely's sound more like old motorcycle engines.

Unfortunately there is little one can do to quiet down a Gravely L tractor, once the exhaust note has been toned down the sound of the straight cut timing gears and planetarys are more noticeable. Our beloved L's were designed when fuel consumption, noise and safety were not a big concern.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Here is my Gravely westchester, runs ,but needs to be restored ,control cables siezed up , also have a 8163 that needs a motor job.

Very nice tractors everyone:thThumbsU
Nice! The engine is what I like the most on that tractor....I wonder what the comparison between a westchester and Kohler engine would be, HP and Toque...

The westchester was a cool machine but a bit to complicated with all its cables and rods, still too bad Gravely scrapped it rather then improve on it.

41 - 60 of 343 Posts