My Tractor Forum banner

281 - 300 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
My LI is now on 2 wheels. It's warm here in Western NY so I'm painting as fast as I can strip the parts. Today I assembled the oil lines and the oil filter housing. It may be a few weeks before I get the cylinder back so I have time. I need to finish stripping the fan housing and gas tank bands. I will also disassemble the one way starter sprocket, check and clean all the components, paint it and assemble it. The magneto is ready as is the carb. Hopefully another three weeks or so and I should be nearing completion? Updates to follow as they occur.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Most of the parts are now painted. I'm still waiting on the cylinder. I did however install the magneto today. It's easy with the cylinder off as it is easy to determine where TDC is by looking at the cam lobes and the positioning of the crank.

Attachments

·
4K Poster and climbing!!!
4,155 Posts
looking real good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Today was hot and as I am still waiting on the cylinder for my Li, I decided to paint the hood of my friends L8, and to redo his Sulky. I took off the wheels and seat attachment, repainted all the parts and re-assembled them. It was 90 degrees here in Western NY, so that was all I could take in the sunshine. All parts are finished on my LI. I just need that Cylinder.....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Well I didnt mean to post pic of 64' Dart, no its not mine, wish it was. Anyhow this is how it looked when I got it, paid $300 for it and it was running then, dont know how well but the old dude I bought it from said "lets start it, it runs" when we was putting it on my pick up and handed me the homemade pull strap and I said "naw lets try to see if we can roll it in and I parked on a little 2 foot earthen ramp and had 10 foot 2x10s laid out and he tied a rope on the PTO on deck and got in my truck and pulled it and I had hdle bars and it went in pretty easy, much easier than I thought, but Im certain it was running, has no oil leaks as far as sitting that is and oil looks like it was changed yesterday. I wanna get moving on it tho, I just want to get carb done and back on it, put on new fan bearings put duals on it and put all my new parts on it, clean up and paint it and hope its OK to deliver to my son. I want to get a few new small parts for it like gas cap and hdle bar cable clamps and stuff like that plus a 1/4" thick blade for it, it has a new looking 3/8 " sapling snapper on it but I want a mowing type blade for it to. Gotta get moving on it, just time and money....and some knowledge to will certainly help. lol!

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
I love those homemade skids on my deck, two re-bars welded together and grinded flat on bottom to slide on ground. The deck is the ugliest thing on it. Other than surface rust on top its in good shape but it looks like to me someone welded the side-squares onto it but just didnt know how to do a neat/clean looking weld job. Everything is attached onto it good and sturdy but it has some molten-looking steel from welding that was left on it on underside. And the bolts for them were hard to remove when I removed the back deck guard, had to hack saw them off, sawed half way thru them and used a hammer and chizzel the rest of the way. They wasnt comming off with wrenches and ratchett. I also have to get a new or good used back deck guard, mine is real dented. I tried to hammer it out but got nowhere, thats some thick steel.

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Thats my ugly deck, wanted to get a before pic on here to compare it to how it looks when Im done with it. And as far as I know thats a original Gravely guage (says Gravely on it ), and the new and old fuel bowls and the manual I must have accidently posted like last time it was a car pic. Anyway all pics I have were taken for reassemble purposes. Im not good at it yet because I cant even find probably 80% of them on laptop yet. And that small crack at bottom of hood is visible, guess I'll just leave it alone. That hood is how it came, its primered now and ready for paint.

·
Premium Member
6,088 Posts
Going thru old photos from Mother in law, she had cut out an article from a magazine about "how to teach your children to swim" this was on the back side, from 1959

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Looks great, now that beast is a real chopper! I bet you can crank that thing up and mow a football field in an hour!

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Owned by uncle, but I will be using it and giving it a little TLC in the process. This thing is a beast with the brush cutter!
Looks great, and it has the big black knobs on it like one of the ones I used to use. So is that a Kohler engine?

281 - 300 of 336 Posts