My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Legend in my own mind
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a pile to dispose of so I cranked up the 5665 and the 30" Mower and gave it a go.

and the pile disappeared.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Nice lookin machine! I assume you have the rim spacers ?

I may take a stab at putting my 8.50 wide tires on one of my Pro's one of these days as long as it does not interfere with my steering brake.

·
Legend in my own mind
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are one piece wheels bolted to the four bolt hubs. I think I bought them with tires but I don't remember. I do know that getting the beads to seal was a chore. You might notice the white silicone there.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Nice looking rig! I love those tires as well, I wonder if the bigger one tire is a improvement over the dual tire setup.

Just one question......what's with the black socks??? :sidelaugh:hide::hide:

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Nice looking machine and nice looking results. I love the wide tires on that machine.

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,735 Posts
Gravely sold 10" rims that were one piece for the PM gear driven units and the PM 18/20-H. You could buy 4-bolt 8" for the 5000/Pros. Use of 20X10-10 tires on the 10" rims is optional and you may not clear your deck or control rods. Same applies to the 20X10-8 tires. 18X9.50-8 fit all Comms and up if you use a wider rim or spacer in the 6 bolt rims.

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
First time Ive seen tires that size on a gravely,that is one slick set up!:fing32:

·
Legend in my own mind
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice looking rig! I love those tires as well, I wonder if the bigger one tire is a improvement over the dual tire setup.

Just one question......what's with the black socks??? :sidelaugh:hide::hide:
Owe, come on now. I am old and the socks are brown and wool. Good for absorbing the sweat generated. by 'walking behind'.

I like it better than my com 12 with the duals as it is easier to turn. But this one is a 30 and the com 12 has a com 40 on it. That bigger deck might make a difference.

I put those wheels/tires on to generate some ground clearance while 'hitting the ditch' at on of our former properties. It came with the standard 4.80 X 8 bolt on wheels when I bought it. They just looked small so I made the 'upgrade'.

·
CalifornianGravelynator
4,330 Posts
man i need to get a 2 wheel gravely

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
man i need to get a 2 wheel gravely
It's true. Once you get one you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. They're just so flippin' useful. Fun too.

But you've been here enough to know that one isn't enough. Better start clearing out that shed now...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts