My Tractor Forum banner

161 - 180 of 195 Posts

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,809 Posts
I was sleeping in the pole barn (it was raining hard and the roof leaked too!) when the pole buster drove in. He had the audacity to ask for help removing his vehicle from the broken pole. I was glad the barn didn't collapse and the club didn't take the hit for the damage. Our host knew the fellow.

·
Premium Member
2,553 Posts
I was concerned that National Pike might hold GTCOA liable and/or not invite us back, especially since it seemed like the pole buster just drove off.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
299 Posts
Who else is planning to go to Brownsville?

It's a hike, but I had a blast last time I went out there. I highly recommend it!

John
View attachment 2028266
Just found out my buddy has a cousin 5 miles away in Centerville . We'll be staying Friday into Saturday to attend both days . Sure hope to meet some of you there . Been looking forward to this event all year .:thThumbsU

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
I was sleeping in the pole barn (it was raining hard and the roof leaked too!) when the pole buster drove in. He had the audacity to ask for help removing his vehicle from the broken pole. I was glad the barn didn't collapse and the club didn't take the hit for the damage. Our host knew the fellow.
I hadn't heard about this occurrence and I don't remember reading anything about it in the Gazette. Yikes! That must've gotten the attention of a few people! Reminds me of some of the expert driver's here in MI that seem to constantly drive off the road and hit telephone poles, knocking out the power. I might struggle to hit one if I aimed for it!

·
Gravely1964
3,776 Posts
I hadn't heard about this occurrence and I don't remember reading anything about it in the Gazette. Yikes! That must've gotten the attention of a few people! Reminds me of some of the expert driver's here in MI that seem to constantly drive off the road and hit telephone poles, knocking out the power. I might struggle to hit one if I aimed for it!
Yeah first I've heard about this as well! Never even knew! Of course back in 2011 I didn't know John or half you guys as well back then either

Anyhow im getting loaded up!

DSC00900.JPG

DSC00898.JPG

Ron wants me to get a convoy pic as this is truck one of 2 going :fing32:

·
Premium Member
2,553 Posts
Clearly Steven is planning to come to Brownsville to play in the dirt.

I heard that John brings his spare 408's and loans them out to his buddies for a whole year, spreading the 408 addiction affliction.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,809 Posts
Sometimes it's 6 years! I picked up a 408 I bought on my way to the 2011 Brownsville Mow-In and popcorn popper stored it for me all those years! Thanks Tom!
I borrowed a trailer and picked it up along with Joe's 408 and a parts machine on Thursday. Sharing the love of 408's all around. The 1977 408 has a great home, and I will complete the work needed on Joe's machine before next Mow-In, so it can go to its next home. Here is a shot of the early 1970 and the 1977 at the show.

ImageUploadedByMyTractorForum Free App1502748658.628831.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyTractorForum Free App1502748812.646245.jpg

the parts deck was a little lighter than most. lol.

I plan to set up shop to tackle transmission repairs over the winter. I have 3 that need work.

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,809 Posts
2018 Mow-In Sept 7-8-9
ImageUploadedByMyTractorForum Free App1504018147.407705.jpg

·
Registered
808 Posts
Is a swap meet still planned this weekend at the Pt Pleasant Farm Museum? There usually is...

·
Gravely1964
3,776 Posts
Is a swap meet still planned this weekend at the Pt Pleasant Farm Museum? There usually is...
Yes swap meet is a go this week end! i'll see you there

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yes swap meet is a go this week end! i'll see you there
I should be there for the first half of Saturday. I have mowing to do in the afternoon. Looking forward to it. I'll be looking for minor stuff (8163-T carb power needle) but I could be talked into a cart if I see one.:tango_face_smile_bi

·
Gravely1964
3,776 Posts
Was a great swap meet per normal!
DSC01177.JPG Estate sprayer anyone?

DSC01178.JPG

DSC01180.JPG Lots of vendors and good pieces parts and whole machines

DSC01181.JPG

DSC01182.JPG

DSC01183.JPG Even a 39L changed hands

DSC01195.JPG Here's Steve's bounty he hauled away.

Hopefully with internet my vids will upload tonight of the meet and buys

·
Registered
808 Posts
I had a good time (as usual). I was most tempted by the 60" sickle mower that was in great shape and only $100. If I had some hope that it wasn't too heavy for my L model then I would have bought that thing on the spot.

I guess Sunday was a washout, but Saturday morning was pretty nice!

·
Registered
808 Posts
No, I didn't get his name. I figured it was a local guy because he only had a few things to sell. Maybe someone else on here remembers him. If you look at Steve's third picture, I think his truck was sitting in that area.

Good luck!

·
Gravely 2-wheeler
884 Posts
Will there be a Gravely swap meet at the CVAEMA show in Chambersburg, PA on April 28, 29? If so, are they setting up next to the tractor pull? Who is planning to go? I'm coming from the Adirondacks in NY with an empty SUV.

161 - 180 of 195 Posts