My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 195 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,154 Posts
Oh, no doubt John. We have to see if we can keep the "neighborhood" we had intact. Al, Ron, yourself. Most importantly Miss Lindey, though. Sorry guys, but if Lindey's there it's like having an angel watching over you. We were eating homemade cookies, brownies(incredible, were those little marshmellows in them?), cold sodas, custom made sandwiches with your choice of cheese. Serious, choice of cheese type!!!!! Made sure our tables were covered with nice paper, that we had chairs and even had writing material. We went from eating peel your own peanuts, sitting on 5 gallon buckets and writing with a stick in the dirt to living, eating and drinking merry the whole time. You were so nice to us, thanks so much Lindey :howdy::thanku:

Also like thank Ron, Bob and the whole of GTCOA for all the help and support they supplied. What a topnotch organization. Just a great group of folks.

And can't forget that special group of ladies that worked the registration area. We had a LOT of laughs!!! They really knew the meaning of having fun. And talk about a run of luck at the club banquet with the door prizes. I never did find out what they had in those cups though. Wasn't the same color as the ice tea and lemonade as everyone else was drinking :sidelaugh Thanks ladies, I'll bring the ice next time too :fing32:
I wish I could have made it for the banquet dinner, etc. It sounds like some very good times were had. Mow ins are as much about the people as the tractors.
And from what I saw on Friday, the ladies were stoic, holding down the fort so that the rest of us could revel in tractors, and catching up with each other. I took special note of Lindey, who it seemed, was always running back and forth between the Gravely Club booth, and Ron's. And busy at both! I hope that whatever was in their cups was "extra good"! They certainly deserved it.:fing32:

·
Active member, now deceased, but not forgotten.
4,156 Posts
Really wish I could've been there guys. Maybe next year.
I for one sure hope so Marc. You must bring one of your tractors. Anyone who has followed and learned from your threads, I'm certain, will agree.

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
I for one sure hope so Marc. You must bring one of your tractors. Anyone who has followed and learned from your threads, I'm certain, will agree.
I'll bring them both if I can find a suitable trailer to rent or borrow, and the drive is 6 hours or less. Be fun to put the 60" deck on the 816 project tractor. Don't know what I'd put on the 18-G, maybe the tiller or the grader blade.

·
Active member, now deceased, but not forgotten.
4,156 Posts
I'll bring them both if I can find a suitable trailer to rent or borrow, and the drive is 6 hours or less. Be fun to put the 60" deck on the 816 project tractor. Don't know what I'd put on the 18-G, maybe the tiller or the grader blade.
I heard next year is at Point ??? WVA. Is that confirmed? Does anyone know.

It is right at the edge of where I want to go, bringing anything. Will have to see what I may have then?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
You missed the greatest packing job I've ever seen Dave. I never saw so much stuff come off of, and out of, a 4' foot trailer and a mini-van. And then to see Monte Hall meet chaos was just true theater. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it all :sidelaugh
Yeah I was like, WOW that's a bunch of stuff! How did he get it all in there, then I realize he also brought his 816KMT!!!!

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,809 Posts
Guys - send me your articles for the Gazette. I'm working on the August issue already. Mow-In coverage plus much much more.

[email protected]

·
Master Cranker!!!
15,026 Posts
Yeah I was like, WOW that's a bunch of stuff! How did he get it all in there, then I realize he also brought his 816KMT!!!!
Says the guy who backs one of these on steroids out of his enclosed trailer......

Just messing Jason. That's a setup to be proud of, for sure :fing32:

It was a pleasure meeting you, Dan and your Dad. Have to say, enjoying a nice dinner with you folks and Al was a Mow-In highlight for sure. Of course, Al picking up the tab doesn't exactly hurt the fond memories either :sidelaugh

Looking forward to seeing those stake truck pics :fing32:

·
Gravely1964
3,834 Posts
Says the guy who backs one of these on steroids out of his enclosed trailer......

Just messing Jason. That's a setup to be proud of, for sure :fing32:

It was a pleasure meeting you, Dan and your Dad. Have to say, enjoying a nice dinner with you folks and Al was a Mow-In highlight for sure. Of course, Al picking up the tab doesn't exactly hurt the fond memories either :sidelaugh

Looking forward to seeing those stake truck pics :fing32:
I had breakfast with the Hurst boys at the motel both mornings. It was a blast :fing32:

P1020648.JPG and hey if it fits it ships. Even if the door was slightly enlarged to fit it :D

Al's packing job was amazeing none the less :thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,053 Posts

·
Gravely1964
3,834 Posts
Point pleasant Wv is comeing up here in 2 weeks or so

point2015.jpg

·
Registered
818 Posts
Sorry that I missed the Pt Pleasant event yesterday, even if it was raining. Just had too many other things going on. I hope somebody gives a report!

·
Gravely1964
3,834 Posts
sorry that i missed the pt pleasant event yesterday, even if it was raining. Just had too many other things going on. I hope somebody gives a report!
The rain didn't scare off us gravely guys. There was a bunch of vendors and people buying too

P1020918.JPG lots of stuff

P1020919.JPG

P1020921.JPG Lots of trucks, there was more behind me

P1020920.JPG

P1020922.JPG My buddy Travis had a nice load going home

P1020923.JPG Even a Westchester was there :fing32:

This is all the pics I got. Maybe somebody else got some more :dunno:

Was a great day despite the rain and was great to see and talk to everybody again :thThumbsU

see you at the mow in next year at the same location :drunkie:

·
Master Cranker!!!
15,026 Posts
The rain didn't scare off us gravely guys. There was a bunch of vendors and people buying too

Was a great day despite the rain and was great to see and talk to everybody again :thThumbsU

see you at the mow in next year at the same location :drunkie:
Did your buddy buy all that at the show, Steven? Thanks for the pics :thThumbsU

The guy only wanted 150 for the westchester but i didnt need another project. What a steal
That had to be tough to walk away from......yeesh.

Any more pics out there?

:wwp::wwp::wwp:

·
Registered
285 Posts
yeah the westchester was tough to walk away from but i figured if any engine internal was messed up it would be like finding hens teeth. the body was all redone and under paint. he was missing the steering section and some of the remote control cables had been cut. but the engine was complete and turned over. starter/generator was on. hydraulic pump, gov. had a funny looking magneto on it, nothing i had ever seen before.

·
Gravely1964
3,834 Posts
Did your buddy buy all that at the show, Steven? Thanks for the pics :thThumbsU
Yes he did except the orange one he had for sale. Which he redid stem to stern :fing32:

He's about 2 years younger than me and behind in collecting. He has 30 some already. Before I left his house his mom told me don't help him put anymore than the 2 he already bought on the trailer.

I only helped him load 2 lol

I got just a little bit of video :hide:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hello All!
I am fairly new to Gravelys...
I am looking for a big Gravely event.
I am a Lionel train collector as well and York hosts the main event twice a year.
I am looking for the Gravely equivalent. The one not to miss.
When is that and where?
Thanks for the help in advance!
Mark

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
THE premier event is the mow-in. I went to my first one this year and if you get the chance it's absolutely worth the trip. Go to GTOAs website for information on next years show.
Other than that whatever you can find local.

41 - 60 of 195 Posts