My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Made it out to the mow in today. Was able to buy some parts that I needed and checked out all the Gravelys. I took a few pictures if anyones interested. Gravelys, Old hit and miss engines, motorcycles etc.

Attachments

·
Gravely1964
3,837 Posts
Just want to say I had an awesome time at the mow in! Well worth the drive and have many vids to go up. Also know people have quiet a few pics of me floating around. Was great to meet all the new faces from the north Ellis, Don Evans, Dave tractortag, Phil and in sure many other which I have forgotten :thThumbsU

P1020647.JPG Trailer loads

P1020648.JPG Jason made it

P1020653.JPG 88 pro still in the crate!

P1020660.JPG Helping Rw3dog out on a score which im sure you'll hear about later on from him

P1020661.JPG

P1020663.JPG Tiller extension

P1020665.JPG 5 foot spreaders do exist!

P1020667.JPG MKG and Al's 816 looking great :thThumbsU

P1020680.JPG Ron ripping up the neighborhood. Almost didn't get in the shot. Which he has a pic of me somewhere doing the same

P1020676.JPG Group Pic#2

P1020670.JPG Group pic #1

P1020679.JPG

·
Gravely1964
3,837 Posts
Few more pics from FB :fing32:

1606858_10204241878870191_3873630645798686777_n.jpg helping Ralph pulling an onan single like a boss :fing32:
1798815_10204241879390204_734958068855759138_n.jpg 10 minutes and were done. That included draining the oil lol :fing32:

1969308_10204237968852443_2316945012236572306_n.jpg 812 score same spot

10562732_902655379793709_2925169293553667940_o.jpg And he let me drive his 432 threw the parede of power

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,809 Posts
I didn't take many pictures this time

ImageUploadedByMyTractorForum Free App1434248492.109431.jpg

Here's the MKG back at home after the show.
ImageUploadedByMyTractorForum Free App1434248547.856213.jpg

So glad to meet and talk with so many fellow Gravely enthusiasts.

Nice show and very well run - got to give many kudos to Bob Michaelis and his team who made us all feel welcomed and at home.

·
Super Moderator
11,167 Posts
Great mow in! I was glad to have been able to go. I got to see folks I had already met (Ellis, Mike, John D.,) and also folks who I had not had the pleasure of meeting yet, (Steve (Spielberg) T, Ron C. (finally!), Chris L, CanadianGravelyNut, Don E., as well as three MTF mods, Al, Mike, and Eric. And I have to wonder if the gentleman wearing the NE Patriots baseball hat may have been John (jrd)? We shared a joke while at the MTF table. If that was you John, I was pleased to meet you!

Seeing the tractors (Custom included!) was great, as well as cruising the parts isle. I picked up a liftable hitch trailer hitch. Now I won't have to remember to bring the one hitch that I had back, and forth to the 816, and 814 anymore.

Seeing the antique motorcycles made me want one. I started thinking of a workable scheme ie. maybe telling my wife that I decided to bring home a bike instead of a Gravely because I thought she'd be mad if I brought yet ANOTHER Gravely home, etc. Then I returned to reality, and thought better of the whole thing. Besides, I didn't bring a trailer. :sidelaugh

·
Registered
532 Posts
Pics from the Mow-in:

Attachments

·
Active member, now deceased, but not forgotten.
4,156 Posts
Great mow in! I was glad to have been able to go. I got to see folks I had already met (Ellis, Mike, John D.,) and also folks who I had not had the pleasure of meeting yet, (Steve (Spielberg) T, Ron C. (finally!), Chris L, CanadianGravelyNut, Don E., as well as three MTF mods, Al, Mike, and Eric. And I have to wonder if the gentleman wearing the NE Patriots baseball hat may have been John (jrd)? We shared a joke while at the MTF table. If that was you John, I was pleased to meet you!

Seeing the tractors (Custom included!) was great, as well as cruising the parts isle. I picked up a liftable hitch trailer hitch. Now I won't have to remember to bring the one hitch that I had back, and forth to the 816, and 814 anymore.

Seeing the antique motorcycles made me want one. I started thinking of a workable scheme ie. maybe telling my wife that I decided to bring home a bike instead of a Gravely because I thought she'd be mad if I brought yet ANOTHER Gravely home, etc. Then I returned to reality, and thought better of the whole thing. Besides, I didn't bring a trailer. :sidelaugh
Somehow missed you Dave. Sure didn't mean to.

·
Master Cranker!!!
15,037 Posts
Somehow missed you Dave. Sure didn't mean to.
Likewise Al. I was only there on Friday until about 1:30 PM. That may have had something to do with it.
You missed the greatest packing job I've ever seen Dave. I never saw so much stuff come off of, and out of, a 4' foot trailer and a mini-van. And then to see Monte Hall meet chaos was just true theater. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it all :sidelaugh

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,809 Posts
You missed the greatest packing job I've ever seen Dave. I never saw so much stuff come off of, and out of, a 4' foot trailer and a mini-van. And then to see Monte Hall meet chaos was just true theater. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it all :sidelaugh

Oh yes, it was a work of art. I missed a lot on Saturday as I was laser focused on my deadline for leaving by noon to save marital bliss. It was wild closing a couple of last minute deals. One was to add to Canary Al's load on his was home.

What fun we had. Looking forward to the next gathering of the faithful.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Well it was my first mow in and it was great putting names and faces together. I picked up some much needed parts and souvenirs.
Meeting Ellis was a trip, we talked for around 15 minutes and it was clear he didn't put two and two together (name tag and the conversation) when I finally said "hey bone head don't you have a part for me?" The next thing I know I'm in a bear hug. Lols. Ellis is so much bigger in person then he is on the computer.
I had some great conversations with John (jepics) and Dave (tracktortag), got to deliver a message to Ralph that I've been wanting to for some time but it wouldn't translate out right typed out. I'm actually kidding Ralph, I'm jealous of your luck.
I don't know if there is an award for packing but CanaryAl would have had it hands down. I was impressed with the amount of stuff he had between the van and the trailer, the very definition of ten pounds of poo in a five pound bucket.
Steve Turcheck working on his famous videos we all love to see and I'm sure I'm missing some of you.
I kept missing Phil and Ron who I wanted to meet.
I'm embarrassed to say I didn't get a single picture, I was suffering from the kid in the candy store syndrome. My wife got a few, god bless her.

Thanks to all who worked to put this together the wife and I had a blast.

·
Active member, now deceased, but not forgotten.
4,156 Posts
Likewise Al. I was only there on Friday until about 1:30 PM. That may have had something to do with it.
That explains it Dave. I got there Friday 2pm.

I blew out an axle bearing on my trailer about 80 miles from Rhinebeck, and spent Thursday night sleeping in my.

Many thanks to Ellis saving me a spot beside the MTF booth, with Jepics on my other side, Ron and Lindy (arcam8123 and his very attractive Avatar model) directly across. Jason (lt4extreme) and his Dad and brother Dan, just a couple spaces down.

It was the MTF power corner. A great time was had by all.

I had a chance to meet the engine guy Ralph - never met an engine he didn't want to open up - (rw3dog). Krislu, CTPhil, and a bunch of putting faces with names I'm leaving out - old brain will think about them later an - "darn"..

Was proud to see one of Spielberg's videos used a shot of Jepic's famous MKG and my 816 sitting beside each other for the Vid Feature pic.

I did bring a few things with my LARGE trailer for sale - and sold some. The complete (totally complete) grass/leaf bagger attachment for a Kohler powered 8000 or G series rider, did not go there but a couple of guys took contact info.

I wanted this in the worst way, but bought Jepics rare aerator instead. I know I'll aerate more than plant grass. Small amount of control. LOL

·
Master Cranker!!!
15,037 Posts
What fun we had. Looking forward to the next gathering of the faithful.
Oh, no doubt John. We have to see if we can keep the "neighborhood" we had intact. Al, Ron, yourself. Most importantly Miss Lindey, though. Sorry guys, but if Lindey's there it's like having an angel watching over you. We were eating homemade cookies, brownies(incredible, were those little marshmellows in them?), cold sodas, custom made sandwiches with your choice of cheese. Serious, choice of cheese type!!!!! Made sure our tables were covered with nice paper, that we had chairs and even had writing material. We went from eating peel your own peanuts, sitting on 5 gallon buckets and writing with a stick in the dirt to living, eating and drinking merry the whole time. You were so nice to us, thanks so much Lindey :howdy::thanku:

Also like thank Ron, Bob and the whole of GTCOA for all the help and support they supplied. What a topnotch organization. Just a great group of folks.

And can't forget that special group of ladies that worked the registration area. We had a LOT of laughs!!! They really knew the meaning of having fun. And talk about a run of luck at the club banquet with the door prizes. I never did find out what they had in those cups though. Wasn't the same color as the ice tea and lemonade as everyone else was drinking :sidelaugh Thanks ladies, I'll bring the ice next time too :fing32:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Really wish I could've been there guys. Maybe next year.
Jason said next years is in Point Pleasant, WV. I will be there. Thats only a 40 minute drive from the house.

Dont know if I'll show off any of mine though. :hide:

·
Registered
532 Posts
I was sadly only there on Friday, but it was still awesome. I did end up seeing all of the tractors that were there on Friday, including two hex axle L's, the Custom, the MKG, and the Jenkins head tractor. I saw a bunch of people, including Chris and Rich, and I ended up buying some stuff, which I will start a thread on as soon as it stops raining. I bought:
- A '41 L
- A 6V starter
- Starter chain
- hood and battery holder
- Wires and starter bracket
- clutch and fan pulley
- spark plug adapter
- magneto which turned out to be broken, but it was cheap anyways
- A bunch of free stuff (intakes, oil filters, gauges, wires, etc.)
- A membership to the GTCOA
- A starter strap
- A shirt

21 - 40 of 195 Posts