My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really sure how rare an item like this may be, but I do know its the first I have every saw. This came from a Gravely Dealership in Pennsylvania, the widow of the owner was/is selling everything - but she won't put prices on nothing and there are some very rare parts. One of the items is a chainsaw attachment for the Model L series tractors. There is way too much to list, but that was one of the coolest.

Anyway, she called me last week and said she was ready to sell and had prices in mind for the stuff, so my dad and I traveled all the way there and when we got there, she wasn't sure she wanted to sell. After talking for quite sometime, I asked her if she would at least make it so my trip was not a waste of time, so she put a price on the cut-a-away. I haggled some but she would not budge much. I decided to buy it anyway and this was all we brought home.

See it work here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fogyE0vEGg4

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,248 Posts
That is great Joe! I like watching your "New in Today" thread but this certainly deserves it own thread. Is this from the Gravely collection from that road trip you took?

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is great Joe! I like watching your "New in Today" thread but this certainly deserves it own thread. Is this from the Gravely collection from that road trip you took?

Keep up the good work!
Yes it is. I have a story about an ebay customer from this trip, but am hesitant to share it. It involves parts shipped wrong, empty boxes, lies, theft, the cops, and now a detective.

·
Super Moderator
13,248 Posts
I think the one you have is in much better shape and I certainly would not sell it if I had it. In fact I would probably use all my collected brownie points and have it in the living room for a while......... on second thought, maybe that is a bit far! But anyway I would have it displayed somewhere. Plus the one on eBay did not sell anyway, since it did not meet its reserve.

EDIT*** All this coming from a Deere guy!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the one you have is in much better shape and I certainly would not sell it if I had it. In fact I would probably use all my collected brownie points and have it in the living room for a while......... on second thought, maybe that is a bit far! But anyway I would have it displayed somewhere. Plus the one on eBay did not sell anyway, since it did not meet its reserve.

EDIT*** All this coming from a Deere guy!
I considered the living room but settled for the basement by my work desk. :)

My wife doesn't mind as long as its not in the bedroom or bathroom! LOL

·
www.pattonacres.com
41 Posts
Hey Joe ,Good luck buying off of her. she called me back in 2001-2002 and I made several trips there. I am only 20 mins away so its not as bad as your drive.
When she called it was all for sale ,she said bring your truck and trailer and I did,I drive out and she wouldn`t sell anything or put any prices on it.she did give me some sales lit (one of each and wouldn`t sell it). There was all the nos gravely and kohler stuff along with all the stuff in the building up on the hill.

when I was there she said she would think about it and told me I could rent the building and sell out of there so I didn`t have to move it ,next time I went out she said no she wanted it all gone but wouldn`t price it.

I don`t know if we didn`t hit it off or what but I just got nowhere with her. My brother-in-law went out later and got me one of the winchesters ,I think there were 3.

She had it in her head she wanted it all inventoried before she would talk money ,couple years later she called and said she had the kohler stuff ready ,I went out and it was all boxed with the boxes sealed and paper on top with part numbers and cost + retail prices. she wanted what she paid(cost) and wouldn`t budge off of that.
at that time some of the nos gravely stuff was there ,all the decks,carts and new tractor was gone. The show room was full of cool stuff.The cut away was on the parts counter and she said her son wanted it.
I know a couple other local gravely guys that have been there and none could buy either.I heard Richards in WV bought the nos stuff that was on the shelves in the parts room.
I have pics here that pretty much look the same as the ones you posted that were taken at least 8-9 years ago. I have them on a floppy disc,I think my lap top has a floppy I will have to look at them again.

you gotta be 6-7 hours from there ,can`t imagine how much you have in fuel so far. best of luck,Rich

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hey Joe ,Good luck buying off of her. she called me back in 2001-2002 and I made several trips there. I am only 20 mins away so its not as bad as your drive.
When she called it was all for sale ,she said bring your truck and trailer and I did,I drive out and she wouldn`t sell anything or put any prices on it.she did give me some sales lit (one of each and wouldn`t sell it). There was all the nos gravely and kohler stuff along with all the stuff in the building up on the hill.

when I was there she said she would think about it and told me I could rent the building and sell out of there so I didn`t have to move it ,next time I went out she said no she wanted it all gone but wouldn`t price it.

I don`t know if we didn`t hit it off or what but I just got nowhere with her. My brother-in-law went out later and got me one of the winchesters ,I think there were 3.

She had it in her head she wanted it all inventoried before she would talk money ,couple years later she called and said she had the kohler stuff ready ,I went out and it was all boxed with the boxes sealed and paper on top with part numbers and cost + retail prices. she wanted what she paid(cost) and wouldn`t budge off of that.
at that time some of the nos gravely stuff was there ,all the decks,carts and new tractor was gone. The show room was full of cool stuff.The cut away was on the parts counter and she said her son wanted it.
I know a couple other local gravely guys that have been there and none could buy either.I heard Richards in WV bought the nos stuff that was on the shelves in the parts room.
I have pics here that pretty much look the same as the ones you posted that were taken at least 8-9 years ago. I have them on a floppy disc,I think my lap top has a floppy I will have to look at them again.

you gotta be 6-7 hours from there ,can`t imagine how much you have in fuel so far. best of luck,Rich
Yes, it was quite the disappointment, especially after my first trip down and she had the garage on the hill full and when I went back this time, it was empty. I think she wants people to make offers. I also seen where she wanted retail for the newer parts. It is highly unlikely I will make the trip again.

·
www.pattonacres.com
41 Posts
did she say who bought the building contents? can`t be much left if that building is empty.can`t imagine loading all the walk behinds. way back when I first went out she said they got $1000. or more out of walk behinds and she seemed like she wanted close to that.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
did she say who bought the building contents? can`t be much left if that building is empty.can`t imagine loading all the walk behinds. way back when I first went out she said they got $1000. or more out of walk behinds and she seemed like she wanted close to that.
No, she didnt say. There isn't a whole lot left, but still enough to make a good trip.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts